Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Moises Caicedo - New contract signed until summer 2027 with 1 year extra option.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Inevitable. WTF has a South American kid got in common with Brighton? I mean, really? When promised tens of millions.

We are a shop window only. Again, why I dislike the term project in football. Doesn’t exist. Immediately derailed if successful. Or we scupper our own ship if not. The bit inbetween is relatively rare and shorter than Lamptey.

Affy

Silent Assassin
Aug 16, 2019
Sussex by the Sea
Disappointed he’s going now tbh. slightly surprising he’s leaked it before the club have announced anything. I suspect that won’t go down very well.
club record fee so at least £65m then. Not enough in my opinion given we need to replace him and don’t seem to have a ready made back up just yet.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
We absolutely can't give in to this, or after Trossard as well, it sets a precedent.

Club should release a statement that says something like:

"Previously we were reluctant to let Caicedo leave, but would have agreed if our asking price was met (which up until now, it hasn't been). But after recent developments, we are now announcing that no offers will be accepted in this transfer window, regardless of value.

We refuse to work with underhand tactics to let players leave for less than their value to us. We look forward to working with Moises for the rest of the season to continue our fantastic progress."

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Honestly I hated them in the summer but I’d love Man City to come in tomorrow and pay £125m cash and walk away with him. Would serve the plastic Arsenal / Chelsea / Liverpool c**ts on Twitter right.
Liverpool were never in the hunt, that would just be random posters who don’t follow decent local football writers.

It’s the 2 London clubs in tit-for-tat spending sprees, following the others moves then reacting.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
But this makes no sense at all. People told me on here that the journos were just making it up, his changing of agents just before a transfer window was nothing to do with a move and that caicedo's statement meant he didn't want to leave.....
I felt pretty sure he would agitate for a move as soon as Arsenal put a firm offer in, which is why I started the poll - I was interested to see how many people though the same. Not many at all as it turned out.

I think we would have seen Chelsea off in this window but Arsenal, particularly given their lead at the top of the league, felt like a different proposition completely. The chance to be a Premier League winner and all but guaranteed Champions League football next season.

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
We absolutely can't give in to this, or after Trossard as well, it sets a precedent.

Club should release a statement that says something like:

"Previously we were reluctant to let Caicedo leave, but would have agreed if our asking price was met (which up until now, it hasn't been). But after recent developments, we are now announcing that no offers will be accepted in this transfer window, regardless of value.

We refuse to work with underhand tactics to let players leave for less than their value to us. We look forward to working with Moises for the rest of the season to continue our fantastic progress."
If only.

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
I'm not annoyed with him. I'd like to go a few rounds with his agent though.

He's a kid who has been manipulated and probably bullied into this by them or whoever is behind him.
Nah. He chose to change his agent. It’s on his social media channels and even if others do that for you, you have to be responsible for what is up there. He knows 100% what he is doing.

The Pilsbury Echo

Dec 30, 2015
Chelsea knew Something was going on as they cooled interest earlier in the day...seemed weird as they were front runners and Moises made noises about teaming up with Potter again blah blah blah. Take 80m and move on, no player is bigger than the club, RDZ and Bloom will lead us to Europe...one day!

RowZ

Sep 12, 2022
moises_caicedo55's profile picture

moises_caicedo55
Verified​

Moises

"I am grateful to Mr. Bloom and Brighton for giving me the chance to come to the Premier League and I feel I have always done my best for them. I always play football with a smile and with heart.

"I am the youngest of 10 siblings from a poor upbringing in Santa Domingo in Ecuador. My dream always to be the most decorated player in the history of Ecuador.

"I am proud to be able to bring in a record transfer fee for Brighton which would allow them to reinvest it and help the club continue to be successful.

"The fans have taken me into their hearts and they will always be in my heart so I hope they can understand why I want to take up this magnificent opportunity.”🙌🏽🙏🏽

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Oh FFS - Agents getting into a young player’s head. And no, we won’t sell unless it’s silly money - Dale Stephens all over but with vile money grabbing agents involved.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I felt pretty sure he would agitate for a move as soon as Arsenal put a firm offer in, which is why I started the poll - I was interested to see how many people though the same. Not many at all as it turned out.

I think we would have seen Chelsea off in this window but Arsenal, particularly given their lead at the top of the league, felt like a different proposition completely. The chance to be a Premier League winner and all but guaranteed Champions League football next season.
Thinking about it, yeah. That does seem logical.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Inevitable. WTF has a South American kid got in common with Brighton? I mean, really? When promised tens of millions.

We are a shop window only. Again, why I dislike the term project in football. Doesn’t exist. Immediately derailed if successful. Or we scupper our own ship if not. The bit inbetween is relatively rare and shorter than Lamptey.
We need to seriously rethink our transfer strategy. For every youngster who will leave the moment they get the chance we must sign first team ready players who are likely to stick around. We need more Gross and Veltman type signings. Unfashionable but model pros.

Bognor Seagull

Dec 2, 2011
We are being bullied, picked on & raped and it is a wholly miserable feeling. Why can’t we say NO until the season finishes?

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
If Caicedo does go I hope it's a dog eat dog bidding war and we get as much money as possible.
If Chelsea want to gazump Arsenal, let them.

Money in the bank is at least preferable to him picking up an ACL injury or similar.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria

Going to a team that's five points clear with a game in hand. Wouldn't really feel like being a PL winner to me, most of the hard work has been done. Bit like getting a cup winners medal when you've only played for half a game in an early round.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Club response should be public on social media.

“- Thanks Moises.

We appreciate everything you have done for the club and are so proud to have you part of our squad.

We will indeed consider your request this summer.

In the meantime, let’s concentrate on smashing Liverpool again on Sunday!”

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here