Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Moises Caicedo - New contract signed until summer 2027 with 1 year extra option.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Love both he and Mwepu’s uncanny ability to almost always look like the ball is going to bounce of them but somehow do something productive with it. Kind of the opposite of our smaller midfielders who are all pirouettes and neat short passes. Really nice balance to the midfield if we can get them all fit and firing.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
It feels like next season could be one where we really start to see the benefit of all this investment in youth. Caicedo and Sarmiento look worthy of first team starts, and we have a host of loaned youngsters coming back who will be wanting to show they can do it too.

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
Thought he had a really good solid game. His work for the second goal was exceptional.
Ironically, I suspect he wouldn't have started if it weren't for Moder's injury.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
It'll keep that Tim Vickery bloke happy, and I'm not sure anyone had heard of Vickery until he signed, but Caceido looked a player today

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

You don't think anyone had heard of Tim Vickery before we signed Caicedo? You are very much mistaken, I'm afraid. He had a regular blog on the BBC website for years and is renowned for his knowledge of South American football.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
That if really true is shocking, lazy, unprofessional you name it. Worthy of disciplinary action.

There’s quite a bit of evidence that they were after him but felt the ‘deal’ was too complicated. You can see quite a few articles on it if you search for them.
Look for ‘negotiations became a clusterf@@@‘ and you’ll find plenty of evidence.

LANGDON SEAGULL

Dec 9, 2004
Langdon Hills
You don't think anyone had heard of Tim Vickery before we signed Caicedo? You are very much mistaken, I'm afraid. He had a regular blog on the BBC website for years and is renowned for his knowledge of South American football.

Agree - he’s one of my favourite sports journalists

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
That if really true is shocking, lazy, unprofessional you name it. Worthy of disciplinary action.

To be fair, I don't think the that Man U recruitment team can be called lazy or unproffesional for failure to get this one over the line. From what I have read, the signing was full of complications - the sort that a club with deep pockets like Man U probably just don't want or need - and our recruitment team did an outstanding job getting it sorted, much of which was down to previous experience with the Billy Arce deal. We were arguably the only British club that had the know how in this respect, so huge credit to our guys,

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
To be fair, I don't think the that Man U recruitment team can be called lazy or unproffesional for failure to get this one over the line. From what I have read, the signing was full of complications - the sort that a club with deep pockets like Man U probably just don't want or need - and our recruitment team did an outstanding job getting it sorted, much of which was down to previous experience with the Billy Arce deal. We were arguably the only British club that had the know how in this respect, so huge credit to our guys,

was this one of DA's catches , if so i suggest we sell to newcassel for 50 million before we get too attached and emotional and all that.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

He’s been the South American reporter for Talksport for years, on at least a couple of times a week. I like him, talks a lot of sense and has encyclopaedic knowledge of the game in South America.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
It was a cracking debut, if he keeps it up he'll be more than worthy of wearing the number 25 shirt.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here