Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Moises Caicedo - New contract signed until summer 2027 with 1 year extra option.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
This deal is going to happen I’m sure, but I have a feeling this is to do with the agent mess that comes with any South American transfer. It’s quite a disgrace really that FIFA allow the agents (often european hedge funds) are allowed to do this with young players especially 19/20 year olds. I remember with the Calleri deal, he was sent to a Uruguayan Second Division club as a sort of holding pen which the agent owned so he could also get the transfer fee, a real shady world these South American Transfers.

Saladpack Seagull

Just Shut Up and Paddle
This deal is going to happen I’m sure, but I have a feeling this is to do with the agent mess that comes with any South American transfer. It’s quite a disgrace really that FIFA allow the agents (often european hedge funds) are allowed to do this with young players especially 19/20 year olds. I remember with the Calleri deal, he was sent to a Uruguayan Second Division club as a sort of holding pen which the agent owned so he could also get the transfer fee, a real shady world these South American Transfers.
Shocking situation. It seems in many South American cases the player is not owned by the club but by the agent or his "holding company". Can't be good for the players or the clubs. FIFA's failure to act may simply boil down to what I'll politely call "vested interests" but others may call "corruption".

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Oh do get on with it everyone

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
People thinking it's anything other than the club leaving it as late as possible to whip up a bit of excitement are kidding themselves.

In the same way they want to Bury £67m losses at 10.30 at night, after the papers have gone to print and knowing the media focus the following day is on our game v Fulham.

Good signing. Just get on with it.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
People thinking it's anything other than the club leaving it as late as possible to whip up a bit of excitement are kidding themselves.

In the same way they want to Bury £67m losses at 10.30 at night, after the papers have gone to print and knowing the media focus the following day is on our game v Fulham.

I don’t think they particularly want or need to bury news that we lose 67m a year from fans. If anything it’s the opposite given the pressure fans put them under every transfer window.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
I don’t think they particularly want or need to bury news that we lose 67m a year from fans. If anything it’s the opposite given the pressure fans put them under every transfer window.
It's not the fans that they care about. It's the footballing world and media. The club want to be perceived as the best without spending huge sums. It's all about media perception for Barber. The timing of this sort of positive announcement will be pre planned.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
It's not the fans that they care about. It's the footballing world and media. The club want to be perceived as the best without spending huge sums. It's all about media perception for Barber. The timing of this sort of positive announcement will be pre planned.

We won’t know, but I’m fairly sure that with 19/20 being the year income was massively affected by Covid, our 67m losses will look fairly modest in comparison with many PL clubs when they finally release their accounts.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
We won’t know, but I’m fairly sure that with 19/20 being the year income was massively affected by Covid, our 67m losses will look fairly modest in comparison with many PL clubs when they finally release their accounts.

The 19/20 accounts only had 4 months of covid affect I'm afraid

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

Exactly. The deal is done.

The quiet speaks volumes. We’ve heard from the players side, seen him flying to UK, agents have all said he’s going to Brighton on a 4 year deal. The guy seems to be liking every club Instagram post.

It’s surely a done deal. The club may wish announce things on their own timeline for various reasons.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Exactly......It’s surely a done deal. The club may wish announce things on their own timeline for various reasons.

I suspect there is a lot of work going on with some last minute loans. Sanders is a player who probably needs to be starting regularly at this point of his career, like Moder, he’d be competing with Moises for a central midfield role; I suspect at least one of those three or possibly two will be out on loan and that their not going to announce Moises’ signing until all potential loan situations have sorted themselves out.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
I suspect there is a lot of work going on with some last minute loans. Sanders is a player who probably needs to be starting regularly at this point of his career, like Moder, he’d be competing with Moises for a central midfield role; I suspect at least one of those three or possibly two will be out on loan and that their not going to announce Moises’ signing until all potential loan situations have sorted themselves out.

I believe Moder is ineligible for another loan, as he has already played for two teams this season. Plus, it wouldn't make much sense to recall him and then send him out again.

Would be great for Sanders to get a loan move but according to Naylor he doesn't have any suitors at the moment.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
The 19/20 accounts only had 4 months of covid affect I'm afraid

The pre-tax loss increased by around £45m, year-on-year. £25m of that was Covid-related (according to the club), £12m was additional player amortisation, and £6m was the reduction in profit on sale of players. That pretty much explains all the change.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I believe Moder is ineligible for another loan, as he has already played for two teams this season. Plus, it wouldn't make much sense to recall him and then send him out again.

Would be great for Sanders to get a loan move but according to Naylor he doesn't have any suitors at the moment.

I genuinely think Sanders is a outstanding prospect. He needs to play. We have to find him a loan as he’ll have no chance getting any playing time with us now.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Barber is often on Jim Gobshite White’s radio programme- maybe he’s done a deal with him to be at Lancing in his yellow tie to ANNOUNCE an EXCLUSIVE SCOOP just as the window SLAMS shut.

Jul 20, 2003
I genuinely think Sanders is a outstanding prospect. He needs to play. We have to find him a loan as he’ll have no chance getting any playing time with us now.

Going to be facing a lot of competition from Jenks as well for pick of the ones coming through, and Jenks is 3yrs younger.

Jan 29, 2021

Strange how we're trying to get another defensive midfielder in when we have Bissouma and now Moder already in that position. I've got a feeling even if we do sign Caicedo, we won't be seeing him get a starting place until next season earliest. He looks good on youtube but I just can't get that excited by a signing who most probably will be no more than a sub for the remainder of our season. Unless we're looking to drop Bissouma?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here