Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Moises Caicedo - New contract signed until summer 2027 with 1 year extra option.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon
It's a player.
It's a five year deal (allegedly).
Nobody knows if he'll be any good in the PL.

Very, very, VERY comparable.

Not at all, he's a young midfielder signed for a fairly nominal fee in PL terms, also he's not likely to be on that big of a wage. It's a very low-risk signing, securing him by giving a five year deal is the right thing to do, and it's not massive issue if we have to cut our losses. Totally different to a marquee winger signing who turned out to be a flop who we now can't move on and is likely one of the club's top earners.

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
looking on the bright side, if he doesn't sign then we won't be filling numerous threads with debates as to whether he was a bigger waste of money than Jahanbakhsh, Locadia, Propper, O'Grady, Barnes, Savage, Hawkins, Farrington, Bridges, Gilliver ....

I can’t remember what we paid for some of the older ones you mention but Davy Propper has NOT been a waste of money imo and we know Ashley Barnes has proved to be a very effective striker - several of the recent others though definitely

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
He seems to have moved from striker to winger and now midfielder through the years.

So glad the club have confirmed this, I can rest easy now.

I'll rest easily if his contract doesn't run beyond this summer!

I hope that's the case - I don't like the idea of five year contracts for unknown quantities who may or may not make it in the EPL. Hopefully we've scraped a few loan fees to mitigate the financial outlay we made on him.

So Caicedo has been this side of the pond for a week now and absolute silence.
We’re we wrong about quarantine?

That can be the only logical reason - if anything else had gone wrong eg medical, personal terms, work permit I am sure it would be public by now.

All the limited info coming from sources are still saying he is our player.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I seriously cannot work out why the delay. Just doesn’t make sense. Surely he could sign a contract despite the pandemic. And he is allegedly here in the UK

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I seriously cannot work out why the delay. Just doesn’t make sense. Surely he could sign a contract despite the pandemic. And he is allegedly here in the UK

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When the ban on travel from South America was introduced the other day the article specifically said there wasn’t an exemption for elite sport. Unless that has changed he must isolate for a minimum of five days assuming he tests negative. He couldn’t do a medical whilst isolating.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
That can be the only logical reason .

Not sure that is true. In South Africa players are owned and represented by cartels and multiple agent. I read somewhere that agents were even signing up (in his younger days) with his brothers, sisters and parents to get representation.

All that will need to be resolved, particularly if anyone of these has come forward in the final knockings. So the legalities will have to be tied up.

Why do you imagine Man United walked away. Big praise that Brighton are sticking with it.

Not sure that is true. In South Africa players are owned and represented by cartels and multiple agent. I read somewhere that agents were even signing up (in his younger days) with his brothers, sisters and parents to get representation.

All that will need to be resolved, particularly if anyone of these has come forward in the final knockings. So the legalities will have to be tied up.

Why do you imagine Man United walked away. Big praise that Brighton are sticking with it.

Might help your point if you got the right continent. I don't believe he would have travelled to the UK without the ownership/representation issues being resolved first.

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
It could be that he's signed but won't be announced until a loan elsewhere has been sorted.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Look at the trouble West Ham got themselves into over Tevez and Mascherano that time as an example. I highly doubt Bloom and Barber have any appetite whatsoever in going down that route.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here