Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Moises Caicedo - New contract signed until summer 2027 with 1 year extra option.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Just a reminder to those who might have the audacity to feel optimistic... member this?

It was absolutely true, no agreement had been reached to sell him at that time. And the messages were very different - with Caicedo it has been “not for sale, try the summer” repeatedly.

Cucurella was in the summer, not in the last few days of the window in January with the club in the FA Cup last 16 and 6th in the league.

I’m not saying it can’t happen, but the two examples are very different in my opinion and have been managed very differently

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
On a side note, I completely understand the stance of a club when they use the phrase "Not for Sale"

However, the pedant in me really can't stand the phrase. It really irks me.

Ring ring
"Brighton and Hove albion. How can I help?"
"Hi. It's Arsenal. We want to bid for Moises Caicedo"
"He's NOT FOR SA...."
"yeah, yeah we know. but we'd like to offe....."
"He's NOT FOR SALE. No matter what you say, HE'S NOT FOR SALE!"
"£190m?"
"Will that be cheque or Bacs transfer?"

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
However this now means Chelsea have room for another midfielder … especially if Gallagher goes

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
There’s only two possibilities- TB is telling the truth when he’s said he’s not for sale or he’s bluffing to raise the price ever higher and trouser an enormous fee.

Got a feeling after the binfest and coverage this has got that he’s not for sale at any price now - hope so cos that will be a fantastic statement for the rest of the season and for future player discipline and future transfer fee negotiations- if he sells now even at an extortionate amount I think he would have lost some respect from us - and Andy Naylor will be toast too.
Agree, the indirect value we (hopefully) earn today in being a club that you don’t push around is significant for future windows.

With this in mind, can’t see Bloom sanctioning a move today because of this. Naturally if we were offered significant cash and players we wanted then maybe different

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
January 31st, 2023.

C-Day

GIF by Giphy QA
Ah yes Shaving Matty Ryan's Privates....

TNBA

TTF

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here