Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Moises Caicedo - New contract signed until summer 2027 with 1 year extra option.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
And why are the media peddling the idea that another 5 million will make any difference?
The biggest difference apparently is £75M in full upfront , rather than the usual staggered payments

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
One positive to come out of this is that Caicedo was a relatively low-profile player in so far as a very good young PL player can be at transfer window time. He's now big news, and the bidding war to land him in the summer should be insane.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
That simply reflects cash flows, as a herd of plastic Gooners across the globe bet with their hope/heart. Never a sensible thing.
Or people me covering the 11/2 I got on him staying by putting the same amount on him going to Arsenal at 7/4. I will be pissed off if he goes to Chelsea however 🤣

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Just this second had a notification from the app on my phone. Uh oh... oh shit, here we go, I thought... then saw it was a piece about Mitoma on the quality of his teammates! :lolol:

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2011
Although DeZ said he should go in the summer and we are generally agreed he will be off then, there is a little part of me beginning to hope if he stays today he might end up signing a new contract and staying for next season too.

And none of you can take my dreams away from me.

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
One positive to come out of this is that Caicedo was a relatively low-profile player in so far as a very good young PL player can be at transfer window time. He's now big news, and the bidding war to land him in the summer should be insane.
He was already a high profile player - because he’s a brilliant MF known to every scout in the PL, not because of transfer chinese whispers!

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
You just said

How do you know that?
Because it’s obvious that somewhere between £70m and let’s say £1billion, there’s a figure at which TB, PB and RDZ would be happy to sell.

And the Albion don’t have to say what that figure is, despite the protestations of other clubs, if indeed we are being unclear or other clubs are bothered.

I’ve at no point said that I know what that figure might be. Nobody on here knows anything more than that despite what is written in papers.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Or people me covering the 11/2 I got on him staying by putting the same amount on him going to Arsenal at 7/4. I will be pissed off if he goes to Chelsea however 🤣
Geez...why is it all about Arsenal and Chelsea? There are bigger clubs out there who will be watching the situation and preparing bids in the summer ( more hand rubbing from TB )

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Geez...why is it all about Arsenal and Chelsea? There are bigger clubs out there who will be watching the situation and preparing bids in the summer ( more hand rubbing from TB )
A Chelsea who it's quite possible won't even be in Europe next season. If he plays like he has been for the rest of the season he can take his pick in the summer

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
January 31st, 2023.

C-Day

GIF by Giphy QA

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Because it’s obvious that somewhere between £70m and let’s say £1billion, there’s a figure at which TB, PB and RDZ would be happy to sell.
Yes it is, but Arsenal don't know what that figure is. So when you said 'Arsenal know what they need to offer to sign him' - no, they don't

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Just a reminder to those who might have the audacity to feel optimistic... member this?

….but that was true at the time, and in response to claims that he was off to City. It was only a ridiculous bid from Chelsea that changed that - not quite the same as the firm ‘not for sale this window’ messages that are coming out now.

Ironically it’s probably only another ridiculous Chelsea bid that will change anything now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here