Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Mohammed Kudus **Signed For West Ham 27/08**

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I reckon Beaky will have a sniff. The opportunity to tell the fans how great he is for getting a player we wanted will be really tempting. And we know he signs off on contracts with release clauses.
Yup. And if you read NSC, you’ll know that we can’t compete with teams in London because of the amazing lifestyle there. They’ve got some terrific restaurants.

It’s a once in a lifetime chance for Kudus to work with Roy ‘The Master’ Hodgson too because if he leaves it until, say, next year, our dear old friend at Selhurst may well have shuffled off this mortal coil.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Yup. And if you read NSC, you’ll know that we can’t compete with teams in London because of the amazing lifestyle there. They’ve got some terrific restaurants.

It’s a once in a lifetime chance for Kudus to work with Roy ‘The Master’ Hodgson too because if he leaves it until, say, next year, our dear old friend at Selhurst may well have shuffled off this mortal coil..
There was a game at Selhurst last season, when I thought he looked as though he had already been embalmed.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
This guy is an utter nob. Didn't want to sign him before definitely don't now. And if he does sign I will 100% boo him.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I had to re-read that last sentence, and the realised it said 'aunt':

According to the medium, an agreement between interested clubs and Ajax is not the problem, but no club manages to reach an agreement with Kudus and his entourage. Kudus is mentored by Jennifer Mendelewitsch. A feisty aunt, it turns out.
Let’s hope we don’t go anywhere near this player. He would spend the entire time being linked with other clubs. We don’t need celebrity attitudes.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I had to re-read that last sentence, and the realised it said 'aunt':

According to the medium, an agreement between interested clubs and Ajax is not the problem, but no club manages to reach an agreement with Kudus and his entourage. Kudus is mentored by Jennifer Mendelewitsch. A feisty aunt, it turns out.
Some interesting background here. Kudus' representatives are tough negotiators. Brighton thought they had a deal then additional requirements were added and Brighton felt cheated.

I read that in my best Steve McClaren Dutch accent but don’t understand any of it. Was there mention of a Ghanaian goat in the last sentence?

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Give the kid a break! They’re just trying to get the best deal they can, if we don’t want to pay it, that’s our prerogative, we move on. It’s a short career, players and agents have got to maximise it.

And besides, why else would any player want to leave one of the most historic and important clubs in the world, playing in Europe and with a good chance of winning the league to join a Brighton or West Ham unless it’s all about the money?! As much as we’d like to think it is, it’s not about the honour of playing for us. It’s about being in the PL and benefitting from the cash cow that it is so we need to get used to this sort of thing and less precious about it. As someone we used to know would say, it is what it is.

I like him and hope there is still a chance we can get him.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Give the kid a break! They’re just trying to get the best deal they can, if we don’t want to pay it, that’s our prerogative, we move on. It’s a short career, players and agents have got to maximise it.

And besides, why else would any player want to leave one of the most historic and important clubs in the world, playing in Europe and with a good chance of winning the league to join a Brighton or West Ham unless it’s all about the money?! As much as we’d like to think it is, it’s not about the honour of playing for us. It’s about being in the PL and benefitting from the cash cow that it is so we need to get used to this sort of thing and less precious about it. As someone we used to know would say, it is what it is.

This.

It seems like some posters have decided he's a bad apple just because he hasn't signed the first contract thrown at him.

As far as I can see he hasn't commented on the situation himself and no doubt his agents are dealing with it all. Additionally, he hasn't rocked the boat at Ajax and publicly pushed for a move.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Good post.

I think most of NSC can agree that most agents are ****s and are not representing the interests of clubs or fans. But they do generally get the best deal for their clients.

If you were Kudus’ agent and you were aware of this sort of rumour, why would you not wait until the end of the window in case a Big Six came in and payed you and your client a lot more money?

IMG_3024.jpeg

It’s all about the money until they put the stripes on. The agent will be strongly advising Kudus to sit still whilst he gets the best possible deal.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove

If he doesn't want to join us we just move on. No biggie :shrug:

Hiheidi

Dec 27, 2022
It looks like we'd spent time agreeing the contract, his agent came in with extras to include at the last minute and we "felt cheated" and have walked away.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
The thing that worries about Kudus is that he is already thinking about his next move before he has even kicked a ball in anger for us. I am not getting the impression he has any interest in playing for us at all so therefore he would not fit with RDZ. Bullet dodged by the looks of things.
That could probably be applied to 99 percent of our targets. Maybe we shouldn't target players with ambition?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
That could probably be applied to 99 percent of our targets. Maybe we shouldn't target players with ambition?
No problem with ambitious players choosing us to progress their careers, after all that is part of our appeal as a destination club. What I have problem with is this release clause demand before he has even kicked a ball. We have a proven record in developing talent and allowing players to move on when it is in the interests of both the Albion and the player. To throw a hissy fit about a release clause is disrespectful and does not fit in with our team ethic. Kudus or his representatives should know better.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here