Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
IMG_3035.jpeg

knekkebrød

May 20, 2018
Norway
I don't get why players like him would sign a contract without a release clause in it. I suspect we don't want to offer him that.

Just guessing, but a release clause would put him in a better position to get an improved contract if he plays well. And offer the player more power if a superclub like M.City og Real Madrid knocks on our door.

I think even players playing for M.City should insist on a release clause, and I believe Haaland has one

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

I seriously doubt whether we’d have bid for him if he didn’t want to come here. But I imagine we’re not going to wait for him to decide, we’ll pull the plug soon. It’s always about the ‘bigger, better deal.’

We can’t compete with a Big Six but are they actually genuinely interested in him?

It appears that both Arsenal and Manure wish to sell players before buying more so he might have to wait two or three weeks for their interest. But Manure want Amrabat and Arsenal want Raya first. Then there is Chelsea…….. 😡

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
perhaps not like for like, but we do need someone who will match caicedo’s defensive output. and I think Kudus would be wasted there. watched him with ghana at the world cup, looked very average playing deeper in midfield, but was utterly electric once moved forward. small sample size, admittedly, but i can see him being further forward to really help us in transition.

issue we have without caicedo is that there isn’t anyone with strength and good defensive ability to cover the back 4, not that caicedo screens the back four like a typical six, but he’s that good that he basically does the same job. that is a requirement regardless of how RDZ might change things ups this season. we saw in the everton and newcastle games what happens when we don’t have enough steel in midfield, dahoud and gilmour are classy players but both a bit lightweight to play that role. adams is a good player too, but far too injury prone for me, if he’s our replacement for caicedo there will be quite a few games where we will have next to no defensive presence at the base of midfield. not something that can be easily worked around imo.
Don’t disagree - the receive/hold/distribute or drive part of Caicedo’s game is replaceable (we already have players in the squad that can do it imo), what we don’t have is a disruptor/breaker-up of play/tackler of his calibre.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I seriously doubt whether we’d have bid for him if he didn’t want to come here. But I imagine we’re not going to wait for him to decide, we’ll pull the plug soon. It’s always about the ‘bigger, better deal.’

We can’t compete with a Big Six but are they actually genuinely interested in him?

It appears that both Arsenal and Manure wish to sell players before buying more so he might have to wait two or three weeks for their interest. But Manure want Amrabat and Arsenal want Raya first. Then there is Chelsea…….. 😡
Arsenal have got Raya as it was reported the price was £27M to Brighton. :lolol:

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
It’s personal terms the sticking point so I am guessing when Chelsea have discussed terms with him wage would have been higher and player is trying to negotiate higher fee (which is to be expected). Sounds like Ajax and ourselves are going with the take what is on the table or leave it approach.

Feel fairly relaxed about this one as area of the pitch we do have a number of options already.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Without knowing anything I am moving towards “f*** him“. If he signs he’s my 2023/4 boo boy :wink:

I have had enough of this fannying about in the transfer market!

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
It’s personal terms the sticking point so I am guessing when Chelsea have discussed terms with him wage would have been higher and player is trying to negotiate higher fee (which is to be expected). Sounds like Ajax and ourselves are going with the take what is on the table or leave it approach.

Feel fairly relaxed about this one as area of the pitch we do have a number of options already.
This makes sense. The agent will already have the comparison deal from Chelsea and/or Arsenal and maybe Manure. The difference is, they are not offering Ajax the money yet.

Take our offer or **** off and risk being at Ajax still come September. It’s all about agent greed in my book. Like Caicedo, Kudus is also with a very ‘small time’ agent. He is their only player of worth.

We might not be getting the champagne out because of them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here