Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Mohammed Kudus **Signed For West Ham 27/08**

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Okay, I'm going to get roundly mocked for what I'm about to say, and I'll probably deserve it. But I'm gonna say it anyway, just on the off chance I'm right and then I can say "I told you so" at some point in the future.

So, I totally understand the sentiment behind the feeling that Kudus can't replace Caicedo because he's an AM rather than a DM. That was my thinking too.

But I've watched and re-watched the highlight reel that someone posted a couple of pages back, and something struck me. Once he's in possession of the ball, it seems to be very hard to get it off him. Remind you of anyone? And then, I noticed that in a lot of the clips in the highlight reel, he's actually getting the ball from relatively deep positions and bringing it forward. He does so with powerful running rather than the pinpoint passing of Caicedo, but with a net effect that's very similar: defence turns into attack in the blink of an eye.

So, what I'm getting at is this: Is it really not possible that Starlizard's data on Kudus shows that he might be a better DM than any of us think - at least, with the style of football we play? Taken as a unit, would Kudus + 1 other from Gilmour, Alzate, Milner, etc. offer us something broadly similar to what we were getting from Caicedo + Mac?
Not going to mock at all, but RDZ said post friendly that if Moises goes, we will get someone else in to replace him. Moises hasn't gone and Kudus is nearly here, so I don't think it's him.

shibainu

Mar 9, 2023
Japan
De Zerbi was clear after the Rayo match that he wants those players who are proud of playing for Brighton ???

Last edited:

schmunk

Centrist Dad
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
The starlizardsupacomputa won't be a static thing. Our analysts will have worked out the key datasets for a player playing under RDZ. I suspect Kudus was flagged up very early and RDZ, who we now know trusts the system, has gone 'holy moly yes please '.
Absolutely not! I can't recall where I saw/heard/read it, but they amalgamate the stats from every single reported-upon football game around the world, so the player/team stats are constantly evolving and updated.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
If the player has been stalling for that long I’m not sure I’d want him.
Prefer a bigger budget on a Caicedo replacement if needed.
As Roberto said yesterday, I have a lot of attacking players.
Maybe we already think this one is dead in the water and it’s only been given airtime by Ajax making the deal public, so they can advertise the fee, in hope that another club will match the fee and offer bigger wages.
We don’t want to a big time Charlie in who thinks he’s above everyone. I think back to Mickey Thomas for those that are old enough to remember.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
If the player has been stalling for that long I’m not sure I’d want him.
Prefer a bigger budget on a Caicedo replacement if needed.
As Roberto said yesterday, I have a lot of attacking players.
Maybe we already think this one is dead in the water and it’s only been given airtime by Ajax making the deal public, so they can advertise the fee, in hope that another club will match the fee and offer bigger wages.
We don’t want to a big time Charlie in who thinks he’s above everyone. I think back to Mickey Thomas for those that are old enough to remember.
Pretty good shout....

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon
would we have been in contact for weeks if he wasn’t interested? surely that would have become apparent fairly quickly.

ajax putting a clock on things could actually help us. it’s not like the nunez situation, where we were directly competing with benfica all the way, and the player was set on one club. as far as i am aware, there are no other formal offers, so he’s essentially choosing between us and staying at ajax, especially if they’re going to raise the price if this deal falls through.

ultimately if we want to sign players of a higher pedigree this is just going to be a situation we will come across

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
The starlizardsupacomputa won't be a static thing. Our analysts will have worked out the key datasets for a player playing under RDZ. I suspect Kudus was flagged up very early and RDZ, who we now know trusts the system, has gone 'holy moly yes please '.
We wanted kudus pre Ajax (just like bassey!). You can't blame those 2 players for joining Ajax over us , before we were top tier.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
We wanted kudus pre Ajax (just like bassey!). You can't blame those 2 players for joining Ajax over us , before we were top tier.
No, no blame here at all. Also totally get why he might be hesitant to join us now.
It's been a meteoric rise, and RDZ has raised our profile further, but convincing these higher tier teams to join a club that has only had the smallest of success relatively is going to be tough.

schmunk

Centrist Dad
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Hmnnn, not sure. I think the super comp is still coming up with Kanchelskis, Owen and Callamari
Oh yes, the NSC Scoutomatic2000® is in need of a reboot:

Feed Me 90S GIF

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
There are a lot of glass half full posters on the thread posting now. Brighton will pretty much never have been anyone's 'dream move' at the level we are fishing in now. Perhaps the player is stalling or wanting to wait until a better offer comes along but as I and almost everyone else on this board, twitter, the internet, are not privy to either the negotiations nor know the player personally and therefore his personal circumstances, it is a big leap to suggest that everything is doom and gloom. Just have to be patient, these kind of deals have probably always taken a fair bit of time, but online noise just amplifies dissatisfaction and causes a lot of ridiculous guesswork. #keepthefaith

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
PLayer waiting to see what other offers he gets shocker...

Depends if he wants to play a lot of games or be benched a lot of games...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here