Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Mohammed Kudus **Signed For West Ham 27/08**

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Woukdnt it be pretty normal for a player to want to assess all his options? Doesn’t mean he definitely doesn’t want to join us, maybe he just doesn’t want to rush a decision. We’d love to wrap up the transfer but for an in demand player it might not be in his interest to be quite so quick.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If the player has been stalling for that long I’m not sure I’d want him.
Prefer a bigger budget on a Caicedo replacement if needed.
As Roberto said yesterday, I have a lot of attacking players.
Maybe we already think this one is dead in the water and it’s only been given airtime by Ajax making the deal public, so they can advertise the fee, in hope that another club will match the fee and offer bigger wages.
We don’t want to a big time Charlie in who thinks he’s above everyone. I think back to Mickey Thomas for those that are old enough to remember.
To be fair to Kudus, this is likely to be the biggest move of his entire career, he doesn't know whether Caicedo will be in the side or not, or his mate Lamptey, while Ajax are putting him under pressure. I don't have a problem with a player considering his options. If he thinks he's got the ability to play at the top level then signing for Brighton aged 23 could be seen as a risk; he's seen plenty of other Ajax teammates go straight to elite clubs.

As a fan this feels like we are pushing the boundaries of what is possible now, so I expect he will sense that too.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
To be fair to Kudus, this is likely to be the biggest move of his entire career, he doesn't know whether Caicedo will be in the side or not, or his mate Lamptey, while Ajax are putting him under pressure. I don't have a problem with a player considering his options. If he thinks he's got the ability to play at the top level then signing for Brighton aged 23 could be seen as a risk; he's seen plenty of other Ajax teammates go straight to elite clubs.

As a fan this feels like we are pushing the boundaries of what is possible now, so I expect he will sense that too.
Kind of see what you're saying but this player was chomping at the bit to sign for Everton last season and they are absolutely garbage. I suspect it's a money thing.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Kind of see what you're saying but this player was chomping at the bit to sign for Everton last season and they are absolutely garbage. I suspect it's a money thing.
Are there genuine quotes about this or are they agent inspired i.e. 'Everton has always been my dream move since....blah blah blah'?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Thanks. That article does nothing to suggest that his sights were set on Everton though, just that he saw career progression through moving to the PL. Doesn't mean he will or won't sign for us, it shows ambition. Hardly 'champing at the bit' for Everton was it?

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
Not really “chomping at the bit” in that article is he?
“The fact that Ajax blocked a transfer to Evertonlast summer disappointed me. I thought it was time for a new chapter in my career, because I didn't play here," said Kudus in an interview with De Telegraaf.

"But the moment the transfer market closed, my full focus was back on Ajax. The only reason I wanted to leave before that was my reserve role."

He added: "I eliminated that reason [reserve role] myself. Everton are not doing well in the Premier League, Ajax are in the title race and under John Heitinga I am a permanent fixture.

"I have a strong faith in God and he has made the positive decision for me not to let the transfer go through.”

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Biggin Hill 16:05 👀👀👀 yes let’s play that game
IMG_3285.png

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not really “chomping at the bit” in that article is he?
“The fact that Ajax blocked a transfer to Evertonlast summer disappointed me. I thought it was time for a new chapter in my career, because I didn't play here," said Kudus in an interview with De Telegraaf.

"But the moment the transfer market closed, my full focus was back on Ajax. The only reason I wanted to leave before that was my reserve role."

He added: "I eliminated that reason [reserve role] myself. Everton are not doing well in the Premier League, Ajax are in the title race and under John Heitinga I am a permanent fixture.

"I have a strong faith in God and he has made the positive decision for me not to let the transfer go through.”
I hope Caicedo uses that last sentence on the day the window closes :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here