Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Mohammed Kudus **Signed For West Ham 27/08**

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I’m relaxed about this to be honest. I think Kudus wants us but the agent is doing the final ‘rinse’ to see how much more money (probably for himself) he can get.

I believe Romano has got this direct off the agent:
“More contacts will follow to get it done on player side.”

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
I’m relaxed about this to be honest. I think Kudus wants us but the agent is doing the final ‘rinse’ to see how much more money (probably for himself) he can get.

I believe Romano has got this direct off the agent:
“More contacts will follow to get it done on player side.”

Re. that tweet, is it possible to start a player unofficially?
Could be a useful trick to pull against teams sitting back against us.

chickens

Have you considered masterly inactivity?
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
I’m afraid as time goes on, I become increasingly reluctant to welcome the player to the squad. If he doesn’t want to be here, I don’t want him here.

I think we (as a club) have shown enough for players to either buy in, or f*** off.

I’m all for us increasing our ambition in terms of transfer target, and I accept we’re hardly a proven quantity in European competition, but if this project doesn’t excite a transfer target as a footballer, then I’d rather they went elsewhere and we targeted someone less hyped but more enthused.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I’m afraid as time goes on, I become increasingly reluctant to welcome the player to the squad. If he doesn’t want to be here, I don’t want him here.

I think we (as a club) have shown enough for players to either buy in, or f*** off.

I’m all for us increasing our ambition in terms of transfer target, and I accept we’re hardly a proven quantity in European competition, but if this project doesn’t excite a transfer target as a footballer, then I’d rather they went elsewhere and we targeted someone less hyped but more enthused.
Agree with this although no sign it applies to Kudus. The reality is it's hard enough to keep our players, if they're joining reluctantly then realistically they're going to want to be off the moment a 'bigger' club shows interest. We need to be savvy about who we are signing now the profile of those potential signings is increasing. Absolutely no point getting in players who want out immediately.

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023

I understand all that and agree. Trouble is, while Brighton is a more exciting football project under De Zerbi than almost anywhere else, if Chelsea, Arsenal, ManU etc are offering £250k+ a week, it’s going to be pretty hard to convince a young guy, especially from Africa or S America, that exciting football is the most important factor to consider. Particularly when there’s some parasite of an agent in the background to 'advise' him.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Transfer deadline can't come soon enough. What a waste of life most of this speculation is.
Not for some people. Apparently they actually love the blow-by-blow accounts of the transfer (or eventual non-transfers) of players :shrug:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Don’t forget Enciso originally turned us down / couldn’t agree a deal last summer and we had to go back in for him in January

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
This place will be fun if we lose Moises and Kudus decides he doesn’t fancy it on the South Coast….I might buy a box of Kleenex if we end up with both.

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
This place will be fun if we lose Moises and Kudus decides he doesn’t fancy it on the South Coast….I might buy a box of Kleenex if we end up with both.
I think you can cross your Kleenex off the shopping list. The first scenario looks far more likely at this point.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London

Who knows this is actually true though. More.likely just waiting for confirmation that caicedo is definitely going so we get the mullah.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove

I’m not sure you can hold this against the player. Anyone who’s any good would always have taken their time to make a decision if they had options. The difference now is social media cranking out constant, often speculative, updates from the first moment a player’s even been linked to a club. Before, when journalists dealt in facts, we’d have heard a deal was done and that’s about it.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I’m not sure you can hold this against the player. Anyone who’s any good would always have taken their time to make a decision if they had options. The difference now is social media cranking out constant, often speculative, updates from the first moment a player’s even been linked to a club. Before, when journalists dealt in facts, we’d have heard a deal was done and that’s about it.
Indeed, I remember being on holiday in Spain during the close season and having to wait until the following day to buy a paper and read the Sports pages hoping to see news of Albion signings. Never happened as we were 3rd or 4th division at the time and hardly ever got a mention anyway. A real case of the hope that kills you every morning :smile:

Now I can’t open the internet without seeing what further rape and pillage Chelsea are intending on us as they try and turn themselves into the victims :lolol:

I think I preferred the old days!

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Indeed, I remember being on holiday in Spain during the close season and having to wait until the following day to buy a paper and read the Sports pages hoping to see news of Albion signings. Never happened as we were 3rd or 4th division at the time and hardly ever got a mention anyway. A real case of the hope that kills you every morning :smile:

Now I can’t open the internet without seeing what further rape and pillage Chelsea are intending on us as they try and turn themselves into the victims :lolol:

I think I preferred the old days!
We did have the occasional bumper close season with 6 or 7 signings, even back then. Trouble is, the combined fees wouldn’t have been enough to buy one of Caicedo’s earlobes - and it was pretty easy to guess that “Colin Hawkins” and “Jonny Dixon” wouldn’t be outrageously gifted South American wonder kids.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire

I'm with you, and rdz prob feels the same. I'm not welcoming anyone until they're our player of the season!!!😅

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here