Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mods, what the hell are you playing at?

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
I can only assume one of the mods is a Palace fan and hoped that if he lumped all the threads together either it would be missed, or people like me coming in on the morning would take one look a single giant thread and think "Oh I haven't got time to read all that!"

I wouldnt assume if I were you, as your assumptions are obviously incorrect :) (we are all secret Palarse supporters!! :lol:)

Like everyone in life we as mods have a differance of opinion sometimes as to what is right and what is wrong, and many a discussion (in mod towers) takes place over certain things, in fact it is an ongoing thing, but because we all have lives to lead on top of NSC sometimes it can take quite a while to get everyones opinion on things.

From a personal point of view I don't much like merging threads for exactly the same reason as you have pointed out in your thread above, the thought of sitting there going through pages of stuff in my opinion is just plain boring (The one thread presently as a stickie is an exception as that had to be to make it easier to moderate) also another thing that I am well against is this crap thing about "Fixtures" I understand it was something that evolved from the past and probably when NSC was not as busy as it is now, but as you rightly state, you come on NSC in the mornings and in all fairness something that was posted yesterday could well have fallen off the main page and you will not have seen it and why should you have to waste time in searching for stuff? I don't! and how many people really go much past Page 1? (good question might start a poll on that one! :))

There are situations however that merging threads is a good idea, Owen coming to Brighton might be a fair example, i will also add that whilst I may not entirely agree about merging threads obviously some other mods do which is fair enough.

I have had MANY PMs in the past asking me if i have seen "such and such" on a certain thread and invariably they send a link to that thread, when i look the thread in question it is well down on page 2 /3 or even further back! threads do dissapear very quickly these day's' and in my opinion another member coming on and saying something that has been said before really is NOT a problem, the other thing that needs to be said, is not everyone has the joy of being able to be on NSC at the same time or for long periods at a time, as is well known I ofton do the graveyard shift and I see the same people night in night out (members from abroad, night shift workers insomniacs etc) and they can easily miss stuff that has dissapeared through out the day.

I wonder how many people who were not on last night, will bother to trawl through the Cardiff v Palace thread today? not many, if any is my guess!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
So have we discovered which over-zealous, total moron merged all the Palace threads into one 58 page thread?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here