Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

MODS: Someone has hacked my account and is posting as me

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
Virgo's Haircut said:
Chesney,

Can you tell me who your home ISP is?

You're asking a man who had their password as "albion". I don't even know what that question means.

I am currently posting from the place where I'm temping. I also occasionally post from my housemates computer, and from my girlfriend's computer. Only very occasionally though. I also used to post from my parents computer's and from the computer at my previous job, so over the last 5-6 months my IP address would've varied wildly.

Virgo's Haircut

Resident Train Guru
Jul 5, 2003
On a train...
Chesney Christ said:
You're asking a man who had their password as "albion". I don't even know what that question means.

I am currently posting from the place where I'm temping. I also occasionally post from my housemates computer, and from my girlfriend's computer. Only very occasionally though. I also used to post from my parents computer's and from the computer at my previous job, so over the last 5-6 months my IP address would've varied wildly.

Well, whoever posted as you the other day was posting from a Sky Broadband account.

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
Virgo's Haircut said:
Well, whoever posted as you the other day was posting from a Sky Broadband account.

Hmmm, the plot thickens. My housemate has a Sky broadband account......

is there anything you else you can tell me? Any way of checking location etc...?

Virgo's Haircut

Resident Train Guru
Jul 5, 2003
On a train...
Chesney Christ said:

is there anything you else you can tell me? Any way of checking location etc...?

No, I'm sot sure how to extract that information, and I'd probably be breaking the data protection act anyway.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Chesney Christ said:

its gotta be Richard Branson posting under your name tarnishing Sky's reputation :jester:

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
Virgo's Haircut said:
No, I'm sot sure how to extract that information, and I'd probably be breaking the data protection act anyway.

I'm talking nonsense anyway. There's no way my housemate would know that TLO is called Alan. Plus, he knows nothing about the Albion.

Virgo's Haircut

Resident Train Guru
Jul 5, 2003
On a train...
Chesney Christ said:
I'm talking nonsense anyway. There's no way my housemate would know that TLO is called Alan. Plus, he knows nothing about the Albion.

TLO knows nothing about the Albion?

Uh-oh, I see trouble ahead :dunce:

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Chesney Christ said:
The thread entitled "Chesney Christ" is funny. Half the people on there are calling me a c*ck, and the ones who know me are defending my character. Some of it was quite touching actually. I should get my account hacked more often. It gets me complements.

The abuse levelled towards Alan/TLO by "me" leads me to deduce that the hacker was Dwayne. I would feel bad levelling this kind of accusation at someone with no actual evidence but lets face it, the guy is a total tosser.

:tosser:

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Chesney Christ said:
You're asking a man who had their password as "albion".

Someone was only posting about how accounts with that password were hacked last week.

Hold on, it was YORKIE, :eek: wasn't it?

On the night in question, there was at least one other incident of an NSC user's account being used by someone other than the user himself.

I'm not going to identify either the perpetrator or the victim - although it was easy enough for me to work out who the perpetrator was, using the secret passages that are only available to mods and admin.

Avoiding 'obvious' passwords is one way to prevent this. A PM to Bozza or one of the mods is probably a better way of dealing with any problems than simply complaining on a public thread - but I understand Chesney Christ's wish to let everybody know that it wasn't him the other night.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Lord Bracknell said:
A PM to Bozza or one of the mods is probably a better way of dealing with any problems than simply complaining on a public thread.

That's not so much fun for the rest of us though

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Lord Bracknell said:
Incidentally ... there are 152 members of NSC who use an identical easy-to-guess password.

They all ought to think about changing it.

You can see our passwords?

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
rool said:
You can see our passwords?

blimey!!!!

And you lot had a go at me about William Chops:angry: :angry: :angry:

We did atest on a customers site recently and of the 3000 users, 25% of them had "letmein" or its derivative as their password...:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

I have set our AS400's to say that when you change your password ( every 18 days) you cannot use the same letters in the same position until 25 gos have elapsed ie seagulls cannot be changed to letmein.( the e is in the same position)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here