Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Moaning minnies (downgrade of moaning status)

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Albion fans, that is.

The ref/lino had to make a call on a fast moving piece of play. They didn't have the benefit of a still frame from a TV camera positioned above the South Stand. It was bloomin' close.

What were Tommy's hands doing up there anyway?

Does noone recall how Murray went down like a sack
of shit for the freekick that led to our goal? If an opposing forward had done that there'd be uproar.

If we could actually convert our chances if would all be an irrelevant consolation.

If anyone replies to this post and says....'why don't you just f*** off...........do you not understand that passion, in the aftermath of a match, creates heat of the moment remarks and statements" would you ban that person....?

However, as you call all the people (normal people IMHO) who rightly erxpress their indignation at incompetent officials, 'moany wankers', I'm sure it will be OK.

Reasoned opinions are for making, when the dust has settled, or you're in some Old Peoples home in the West Country , drinking your night-time hot milk.....with a biscuit.

Not at all, actually.

I'm as gutted as most that we didn't win, but think we only have ourselves to blame.

Yep, profligate with possession during most of the game (as in the first half at Tranmere last week); we had a 5:3 and 6:4 break in the second half but neither resulted in a shot at goal, both having broken down before a pass was made to either Murray or Barnes.
Then invite pressure by not retaining the ball (as in most of the second half at Tranmere last week).
OK, Eddie Howe had four forwards on by the end of the game but we seemed incapable of keeping possession by then.
We didn't draw this game because of poor officials, for the second week running it was down to the team not closing out the business on the day.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
The linesman/ref combination that failed to get the elbow decision right, the kick on the keeper and the handball.

Astoundingly bad.

'sladegull

fat boy fat
Aug 11, 2007
'slade
He has a point.

There was a bellend in front of me who continued to complain about us passing the ball as usual and kept shouting "route one".

:lolol::lolol: that was the same tosser who kept screaming either dickhead or wanker at the officials from the first minute of the game . Hope hes not a permanent fixture....feel sorry for those around him....

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
the reason we didn't score more than the opposition

Up until the very last minute when the referee and his assistant conspired to award B'muff a gilt edged opportunity to equalise, we had scored more than the opposition.

There is not a single argument in the world anyone could put to me to make me change my mind that the single reason we drew today was down to officials incomptetance.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
So very wrong.

It was obviously a joke.. because he would have a better view from his armchair this afternoon....

Anyway - I sat very level with in the South Stand and everyone was fuming. You can define it as being "close", but from where I was sitting (and the hundreds round me) it was quite obviously an incident that wasn't in the penalty area.

We should have finished them off, but how that player only got a yellow for an elbow is beyond me.

What was the referee doing this afternoon - listening to radio 1.

Last edited:

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
I'm in the we were robbed department too. How the ref couldn't see that in front of him and had to defer to the lino is a grave error. I was still smarting from the non-sending off nose breaking. I'd have him up for a suspension for leaving his foot in deliberately.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Yes we should have finished the game off but yoru point about the ref having to make a decision on a quick bit of play is utter bollocks.

The ref DID make the right decision.

The lino though, from a poor vantage point, told him to make the wrong decision and we lost 2 points becasue of good refereeing being shat on.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
What are you on abotu Bozza? If I could see it wasn't in the box it was obvious the linesman should have done.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Albion fans, that is.

The ref/lino had to make a call on a fast moving piece of play. They didn't have the benefit of a still frame from a TV camera positioned above the South Stand. It was bloomin' close.

What were Tommy's hands doing up there anyway?

Does noone recall how Murray went down like a sack
of shit for the freekick that led to our goal? If an opposing forward had done that there'd be uproar.

If we could actually convert our chances if would all be an irrelevant consolation.

My thoughts entirely. Only ourselves to blame

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here