Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Moaning during the game and booing the team off at half time. Wrong!!

• Thread starter Deleted member 22389
  • Start date

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Bottom line is, it's our club, not Gus's. I didn't boo, never have, but it was a clueless first half and on the back of a 6-0 we expected much better. What geed up the players for the second half? Maybe the realisation that the crowd were disappointed in what they'd seen?

Love our football style, love this season, never loved supporting Brighton so much. But as a person Gus can be hard to love. It's almost as if he tries to stay aloof from the fans - there's never any spontaneous acknowledgement of a vocal crowd. The players find it easy enough to praise the fans, why doesn't he?

The sentiment is "if you can't support us when we're losing, don't bother supporting us when we're winning". That's fine, but it cuts both ways. If you never bother praising your own supporters for travelling hundreds of miles, singing vocally and going out of their way to back their team, you're not entitled to moan on the one occasion a few of them boo you off for a dreadful performance that's led to a 2-0 half time deficit. Why was that the main thing in Gus's mind after yesterday's game? There were much bigger issues to discuss than that.

But no doubt I've missed the point entirely.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Can I be the first to say, well not the first but it sounds better saying that, I will moan like a 2 dollar whore if I feel the need to and anyone moaning about me having a moan on here can f*** right off.

All the best.

p.s. The new keeper was poor and I have no idea why Gus picked that game to give him his debut.
Good for you but be careful what you say someone might come out and say just remember where we have come from

Feb 14, 2010
We lost 6-0 on Saturday, have thrown away a slot in the play offs and went 2-0 down at home to Watford. What do the players expect? Poyet must understand that a club with the Albion's fanbase is no longer going to accept failure. The Poyet comment about top 10 of Championship was misplaced, its not our fault the club was victim of a property transaction. Many of us are pleased we have at last got a manager that understands that it helps to pass the ball to a bloke in the same shirt but at times he makes a naive statement. Brighton expects Poyet, get used to it, and he thinks a few boos is stick then he needs to talk to Barry Lloyd or the players at Fulham away a few years ago when the fans on the fences took a few swings at our players after a disgraceful away performance.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
It is where we are going that matters, where we have come from matters little and to dwell on the past serves little purpose. We have had an amazing season. Gus is puerile sometimes and has much to learn when communicating with us fans and he will learn. The only forum we have to communicate with Gus is on matchdays which makes it hard to let him know how we feel. Next season will be great too. We now have a solid base to work from. A few good signings in the closed season and we will be well up there next year. All in all, top notch.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Only just logged on, just want to confirm I was one of those booing from the Northstand (as were many around me)

But it was aimed at the referee for his inability to deal with Watfords time wasting and bully boy tactics.

To assume the booing was aimed at the players is ludicrous (and that includes you Gus)

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
the majority here got what they asked for , cant please some folk i suppose .

Who should we play in goal for last 3 games? - View Poll Results

But isn't this part of the problem. We signed a keeper who then never got played, not even on the bench. What was the point of the signing? I could understand it if he was a youngster with promise but he is 29. Is it any wonder after the west ham that people thought that we should try another keeper?

DPM0395

Aug 11, 2011
London
Was unsure about what the booing was for, seemed to come from the centre of the North Stand (to my right); If, as suspected, it was booing of the team for being 2 behind then completely fickle and disrespectful to everyone (players, staff AND other fans). Although, as I said, a little unsure of this.

There can obviously be a tenseness involved when Albion aren't initially performing well at home and it's not lost on me that where the booing appeared to stem from is also where most of the chants begin and audible support stems from, and to a certain extent, it's an unthought out, emotional response to what was a pretty rubbish first half.

Still, it hasn't happened before this season and, in the cold light of day, those who did boo could think about how that might be counterproductive towards the team. I don't think, as someone said, the team were egged on in any way by this, but by the positive support in response to some excellent early 2nd half play. Gus's response is certainly worrying, as (here it comes...), he is the best manager we have had in quite some time, and I've heard numerous comments from older seagulls fan that this is the best side we've had for quite some time, and whilst not banging on about "where we're from" and "where we're going" we should (some of us) think about how we are able to support our side.

I was, however, way more concerned by some idiot sitting two rows back from me hurling homophobic abuse at their striker. He'd obviously had a skinful, but pretty disgusting behaivour from one of our own, which I've never come across before.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I can only imagine how low the lad must feel hearing his supposed own supporters taking the piss during play on his debut . I simply provided a bit of general opinion pre match i suspect like myself most had not seen Gonzalez play before last night and just picked him in the poll because Ankergren and Brezovan have shown they are not consistant enough to hold down the goalkeeper shirt and perhaps Gus felt he was dammed if he did and dammed if he didn't give Gonzalez a start .

The bottom line is we will need a quality keeper for the start of the season but having a pop at our own players during the game is the most counter productive thing i can think of if you are there to support the team, im trying to think back over the years if ive ever heard similar and i cant , we have all groaned at mis placed passes and open goal misses ect ect but to single out a lad the way SOME people did behind the goal was just wrong and i can understand Poyets anger .

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
having a pop at our own players during the game is the most counter productive thing i can think of if you are there to support the team, im trying to think back over the years if ive ever heard similar and i cant , we have all groaned at mis placed passes and open goal misses ect ect but to single out a lad the way SOME people did behind the goal was just wrong and i can understand Poyets anger .

It happened to John Crumplin. It happened to Clive Walker. It happened to Mark Walton.

I'm not trying to make a point, or condone booing players (I'm sick of idiots who berate Navarro, Barnes and some others before they've even made a mistake). But it's always happened.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Sorry I am completely pissed off tonight. I am pissed off with the reaction from some of our supporters towards the players and Gus. Booing the team off at half time is completely wrong. It was bloody embarrasing. Would not surprise me if Gus fucks off after that.

Weren't you pissed off because your bike got a puncture and you had to push it back to Lewes in the rain?

By the way if Gus fucks off it won't be because of a few people booing, unless he's planning on a completely different career

Last edited:

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Bottom line is, it's our club, not Gus's. I didn't boo, never have, but it was a clueless first half and on the back of a 6-0 we expected much better. What geed up the players for the second half? Maybe the realisation that the crowd were disappointed in what they'd seen?

Love our football style, love this season, never loved supporting Brighton so much. But as a person Gus can be hard to love. It's almost as if he tries to stay aloof from the fans - there's never any spontaneous acknowledgement of a vocal crowd. The players find it easy enough to praise the fans, why doesn't he?

The sentiment is "if you can't support us when we're losing, don't bother supporting us when we're winning". That's fine, but it cuts both ways. If you never bother praising your own supporters for travelling hundreds of miles, singing vocally and going out of their way to back their team, you're not entitled to moan on the one occasion a few of them boo you off for a dreadful performance that's led to a 2-0 half time deficit. Why was that the main thing in Gus's mind after yesterday's game? There were much bigger issues to discuss than that.

But no doubt I've missed the point entirely.

Goodpost.png

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
The booing was aimed at the ref, not the team.

is the correct answer

but to the people that took the piss out of the debut keeper give yourself a big pat on the back,.........i was going to try and say something funny..........but your just a bunch of fucktards ....true story!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here