Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Moaning during the game and booing the team off at half time. Wrong!!

• Thread starter Deleted member 22389
  • Start date

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Chesterfield
In my opinion, what Gus has brought to the club (along with many others, granted) is a culture of success. Might sound odd to say that, but look at how professional everything is around the club, from the quality of the backroom he's brought in to the way they go about their preparation. Only problem is, a high proportion of the playing staff are still only at League 1 level (Harley, Anks, and Painter to name a few). I reckon Gus is evolving the team into what HE wants, and clearing out the "deadwood" - but this takes time. I'm over the moon with what we've got, and I know that we've got a lot more to come, Rome wasn't built in a day, and I think from what Gus said about the "boo boys" was born out of frustration - people want everything yesterday. I enjoyed tonight, even at 2-0 down I felt we were capable of turning it round - and, to a point, we did.

Can't we just be satisfied with what we've got, and enjoy the ride??? Just my opinion though...

D

Deleted member 22389

In my opinion, what Gus has brought to the club (along with many others, granted) is a culture of success. Might sound odd to say that, but look at how professional everything is around the club, from the quality of the backroom he's brought in to the way they go about their preparation. Only problem is, a high proportion of the playing staff are still only at League 1 level (Harley, Anks, and Painter to name a few). I reckon Gus is evolving the team into what HE wants, and clearing out the "deadwood" - but this takes time. I'm over the moon with what we've got, and I know that we've got a lot more to come, Rome wasn't built in a day, and I think from what Gus said about the "boo boys" was born out of frustration - people want everything yesterday. I enjoyed tonight, even at 2-0 down I felt we were capable of turning it round - and, to a point, we did.

Can't we just be satisfied with what we've got, and enjoy the ride??? Just my opinion though...

I also enjoyed tonight as well even at 2-0 down. I knew we could turn it around.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
I'm loving it and looking forward to another great season in the championship under gus but just think at times his PR skills are not very good . One of our best managers but how many times do we chant gus poyets blue & White army or my lord gus poyet not many coz his PR pisses people off , tonight's slagging off fans won't help the cause

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Well I pity you if you sat there enjoying the first half performance last night.

Chamberpot

Jan 5, 2010
Theres another thread on here saying we booed the ref at half time and not the players? I certainly was

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
I booed the ref, not the players.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
When will people stop using "Remember where we've come from" argument?

Where we have come from has absolutely nothing to do with what the players are doing on the pitch during those 90 minutes.

That said, I do think that getting behind the team when they're down is far more productive than calling them useless bastards.

petercg365

Oct 25, 2011
Sorry both in my book are completely unaceptable. Do people remember where we have come from?

We are not going to make the play off position to get the premiership this season, I said the Premiership. But we are going to finish in the top half of the championship this season, yes the top half. Seems like this is not even good enough anymore.

Lets remember what a bad run is shall we, a bad run is being relegated to League 2, nearly going out of the football league, nearly losing your club, having your ground sold, and then having to travel to Gillingham for your home games and returning to play in a shitty atheltics stadium.

Think about where we have come from and get behind the bloody team and the manager.

That is all.

Here here.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
CONGRATULATIONS you are the winner for being the 100th person to bring up 'remember where we have come from' line within a month, pease tell us how will you celebrate this milestone?

Surely they win a pair of tickets to the Fatboy Slim gig.

cookie63

Feb 25, 2012

Clearing out the ''dead wood' by playing them week after week? interesting theory.....

Nov 14, 2011
Hassocks
Couldn't agree more with this post

What is your problem! At the begining of the season nobody expected us to do too much and hoped for mid table safety. Much like 1977/78. However, we got ourselves into a great position to have a real good shot at getting in the top flight, much like in 1977/78. Seems to me too many of you are too scared of going up and spend to much time looking in your rear view mirror rather than the road ahead. Once the dust settles I'm sure 99.9% will still see this as a very successful season but that won't change the fact that we were very close and many will think it is the constant tinkering with the team and some odd selections that cost us where as in 77/78 it was the cheating scum from along the coast and the wrong side of north london that cost. Maybe for us 2012/13 will end up like 1978/79 or maybe we might suffer the fate that befell Forest this season.
Poyet can throw his toys out of the pram but at the end of the day we pay our money to be entertained and follow the team and if the players put in an abject performance like in the first half then they can probably expect to be booed. Who knows, it may have been the booing that galvanised them, who can say.

I didn't hear the Boos last night, but I do feel that Gus has brought this on himself by not being open enough with the fans when it comes to the recent team selections. Having travelled to West Ham (with many others), I felt apprehension on hearing the team selected and watching the warm up of the subs felt that even they had little faith, that the starting 11 would perform a miracle. When arriving last night and veiwing the selected eleven, felt he had used the option "we're not strong enough for the premeirship, so i'll use this game as an oppertunity to work out my options for next year". If this is the case Gus, let the fans know and they won't feel so dissapointed by the poor performances of those under scrutiny on the field. The non re-appearance of Painter for the second half, spoke volumes. I can't remember a game this season where a change has happened at this time, it's usually 5-10 mins into the second half.

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
Theres another thread on here saying we booed the ref at half time and not the players? I certainly was

Me to the ref was a joke i thought everyone was giving the ref a good old boo not the players...

maybe gus thought the ref was ok , i thought the ref was poor

Sorry I am completely pissed off tonight. I am pissed off with the reaction from some of our supporters towards the players and Gus. Booing the team off at half time is completely wrong. It was bloody embarrasing. Would not surprise me if Gus fucks off after that.

If Gus chooses to leave there is little we can do to change that. I would be concerned if he left us due to this one reaction..to which was a piss poor first half of football to be sure! Obviously he had also selected a team that went out and lost 6-0 at the weekend too; which he was big enough to hold his hands up to.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
and then 3 posts later there's a post from 'The Piltdown Man' spookey or what?

I'm not the messiah, Gus is, I'm the missing link, though Ive also been known to be naughty.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I didn't boo, I laughed a bit at the new goalie though. His throw outs were amazing.

Can I be the first to say, well not the first but it sounds better saying that, I will moan like a 2 dollar whore if I feel the need to and anyone moaning about me having a moan on here can f*** right off.

All the best.

p.s. The new keeper was poor and I have no idea why Gus picked that game to give him his debut.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I didn't boo, I laughed a bit at the new goalie though. His throw outs were amazing.

Especially in the second half. Before one throw he sort jiggled about moving the ball from one hand to the other. It was like a Tommy Cooper routine.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here