Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Moaner watch

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Meanwhile, back in the real world, the absence of moaning was 95% down to the fact that El-Abd and Elphick weren't on the same pitch at the same time. The rightly-moaned-at tippy-tappy triangle only ever takes place between these two and Ankergren. Sure the ball was passed about at the back yesterday, but overwhelmingly it was with the intention of producing some link play with the midfield, rather than just passing it back to the keeper because they couldn't think of a single damn thing to do with it. Fact.

You obviously weren't at Charlton when the centre backs were Greer & El-Abd who played lots of tippy-tappy triangles with Ankergren.
:facepalm:

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
Indeed. Many of them have already posted on this thread.

Meanwhile, back in the real world, the absence of moaning was 95% down to the fact that El-Abd and Elphick weren't on the same pitch at the same time. The rightly-moaned-at tippy-tappy triangle only ever takes place between these two and Ankergren. Sure the ball was passed about at the back yesterday, but overwhelmingly it was with the intention of producing some link play with the midfield, rather than just passing it back to the keeper because they couldn't think of a single damn thing to do with it. Fact.

Tom Hark Misunderstands How Possession Football Works: Part 3,492.

Next week, he explains to us how shit Spain are because they sometimes pass the ball backwards when they "don't have any ideas".

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I think you're being a bit too complex for him there. Sometimes there are NO options going forward, in which case you HAVE to pass it sideways or backwards to maintain POSSESSION of the ball. Some people literally cannot understand this simple fact.

Some people literally cannot understand the limitations of Elphick and El-Abd playing alongside each other. There will NEVER be an option going forward for these two, because they're not looking for one. Ever. They're only looking for each other and the keeper. Simples.

GrahamH65

May 19, 2009
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Barnes' goal against Oldham originate from a fine pass from Elphick to Glenn Murray, who then played an equally fine pass to Barnes? I wasn't at the game, but seem to remember that from the highlights.

If so, you are wrong sir. Simples.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Barnes' goal against Oldham originate from a fine pass from Elphick to Glenn Murray, who then played an equally fine pass to Barnes? I wasn't at the game, but seem to remember that from the highlights.

If so, you are wrong sir. Simples.

Just let him tie himself up in little knots, the bloke don't know what he is talking about

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Sorry, no surrender to the stupid people. If you don't see the limitions in playing Elphick alongside El-Abd by now then you never will. Oh well, you'll turn on them soon enough :shrug:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Some people literally cannot understand the limitations of Elphick and El-Abd playing alongside each other. There will NEVER be an option going forward for these two, because they're not looking for one. Ever. They're only looking for each other and the keeper. Simples.

And if we're winning, who gives a sh*t? Not me.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
The better centre half pairings tend to be ball winner/stopper and the slightly more cultured one who is composed on the ball.

I think Elphick is unlucky as he hasn't done a lot wrong but Greer and El Abd are the better pairing at the moment.

Pity Joel Lynch isn't still around though....

Last edited:

hopper_182

Sep 25, 2008
I'm back row of c block, think I know who you mean - old chap about half a dozen rows down. Has the same moans week in week out, regardless of the result bless him (he must be at least 600 years old). He seems a bit lost for someone to moan about since foxy left.

Yep, thats the one. :censored:.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here