Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Moaner watch

hopper_182

Sep 25, 2008
I cannot believe the Moaners in block C. there is one chap who will moan throughout the game, fair enough, he is half out of earshot for me most of the time, so i dont hear everything that is said. However, what i find the most annoying is the young lad and (what i assume is) his dad sat right behind me, all they do for 90 mins is moan about this bloke moaning, using the same expressions every week, before moaning themselves. If you know who you are then please, for one game at least, try shutting your mouth, you never know you might even enjoy the game!! Thank you.

Oh and the ref yesterday was not a 'Total Disgrace' and was actually pretty good, as people kept pointing out to you.

Rant over.

Edgefield

Edgefield
Jul 20, 2008
London
Whenever l look at north stand chat there always a topic about people moaning. The destructive moaning is when individuals are hounded. I think the crowd and support has been great this season other than the tiny majority. As to the patient football, I think its bout gettiing the balance right, and that means not being too predictable,and knowing when and against whom its best to also go direct.

Charlton and yesterday were perfect examples of patient football, against Bournemouth though with there defence struggling in air with Murray, free kicks in their half that ended up with casper didnt make sense to me. Also on occasions like Oldham game, El Abd if closed down quickly, does concern me.Whereas Greer is just so comfortable in possession. What doesn't get mentioned s that Casper has great passing ability for a keeper...

Jonno

Enthusiasm curbed
Oct 17, 2010
Cape Town
Some git (Block G) at the Bournemouth game the other week was whingeing about all the passing - ball going back to the keeper too much etc.
I swear he even shouted at them to 'get it in the mixer' at one point.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Was pleasantly surprised there was a complete lack of moaning around me. It was very nice!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
some people are stupid, and a lot of people who go to watch football actually know very little about it

Indeed. Many of them have already posted on this thread.

Meanwhile, back in the real world, the absence of moaning was 95% down to the fact that El-Abd and Elphick weren't on the same pitch at the same time. The rightly-moaned-at tippy-tappy triangle only ever takes place between these two and Ankergren. Sure the ball was passed about at the back yesterday, but overwhelmingly it was with the intention of producing some link play with the midfield, rather than just passing it back to the keeper because they couldn't think of a single damn thing to do with it. Fact.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
i was in the North Stand yesterday and there were some moans everytime a pass didn't make it's target.

When you consider the amount of passes attempted, there's always going to be a few that don't come off.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
I cannot believe the Moaners in block C. there is one chap who will moan throughout the game, fair enough, he is half out of earshot for me most of the time, so i dont hear everything that is said. However, what i find the most annoying is the young lad and (what i assume is) his dad sat right behind me, all they do for 90 mins is moan about this bloke moaning, using the same expressions every week, before moaning themselves. If you know who you are then please, for one game at least, try shutting your mouth, you never know you might even enjoy the game!! Thank you.

Oh and the ref yesterday was not a 'Total Disgrace' and was actually pretty good, as people kept pointing out to you.

Rant over.

I'm back row of c block, think I know who you mean - old chap about half a dozen rows down. Has the same moans week in week out, regardless of the result bless him (he must be at least 600 years old). He seems a bit lost for someone to moan about since foxy left.

Last edited:

chinners

Aug 27, 2009
Brighton
dont get me wrong i love the way we are playing at the mo but i just have a feeling that one game we will play this passing along the backline and it will go horribly wrong i hope it doent

upthealbion1970

NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
I'm back row of c block, think I know who you mean - old chap about half a dozen rows down. Has the same moans week in week out, regardless of the result bless him (he must be at least 600 years old). He seems a bit lost for someone to moan about since foxy left.

Since coxy left :lolol:

upthealbion1970

NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
dont get me wrong i love the way we are playing at the mo but i just have a feeling that one game we will play this passing along the backline and it will go horribly wrong i hope it doent

We are unbeaten in 10 games and getting stronger, but mistakes will happen from time to time and we need to accept that sometimes we are going to get beaten, but when we do get beaten do not think for one moment that the way we play will change because all the time gus is here it will not.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Listening on Player it sounded like the whole crowd had been silenced

seriously, glad people are beginning to understand how fortunate they are to be supporting the Albion right now, not just because of results but because of the football we are playing

Last edited:

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)

There will be a time when a system doesn't perfectly work. That doesn't mean changing it and trying something else due to a one-off blunder. Expression shouldn't be silenced by flashes of mishap.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Also a fella we spoke to before the game said he can't get on with this 'passing it around at the back'. He then went on to discuss next weeks game at... Petersfield.

To be fair, if he DOES go to watch Petersfield, he'll probably see a style of football that will suit him better...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
To be fair, if he DOES go to watch Petersfield, he'll probably see a style of football that will suit him better...

my mate told him we were taking 4000 to Peterboro which further confused him and he had to spell out exactly what he meant 'Brighton are taking 4000 fans from Sussex up to Peterboro's ground to watch the match...'

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Brett what's the score with him wearing a Yeovil shirt?!

what was he thinking when he teamed that top with the shirt underneath?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Indeed. Many of them have already posted on this thread.

Meanwhile, back in the real world, the absence of moaning was 95% down to the fact that El-Abd and Elphick weren't on the same pitch at the same time. The rightly-moaned-at tippy-tappy triangle only ever takes place between these two and Ankergren. Sure the ball was passed about at the back yesterday, but overwhelmingly it was with the intention of producing some link play with the midfield, rather than just passing it back to the keeper because they couldn't think of a single damn thing to do with it. Fact.

so it had nothing to do with how Yeovil lined up and the pressure they were putting on the ball and the fact our midfield were able to drop deeper to collect the ball of the back then

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
so it had nothing to do with how Yeovil lined up and the pressure they were putting on the ball and the fact our midfield were able to drop deeper to collect the ball of the back then

I think you're being a bit too complex for him there. Sometimes there are NO options going forward, in which case you HAVE to pass it sideways or backwards to maintain POSSESSION of the ball. Some people literally cannot understand this simple fact.

If we're winning, I'm personally happy for us to do this as long as it takes for the other side to bust a nut to come get it. If it takes 4 minutes, who gives a sh*t? We're winning.

Last edited:

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
I think you're being a bit too complex for him there. Sometimes there are NO options going forward, in which case you HAVE to pass it sideways or backwards to maintain POSSESSION of the ball. Some people literally cannot understand this simple fact.

If we're winning, I'm personally happy for us to do this as long as it takes for the other side to bust a nut to come get it. If it takes 4 minutes, who gives a sh*t? We're winning.

Couldn't agree more. If there's no good pass on take the ball back and keep it till there is. The fact is that the more opposing teams pack the midfield and play defensively the longer it will take for our back four to find a way through the midfield and so we will see this kind of thing more and more. Personally, I love this style of football and in my 45 years of following the albion I can't actually remember feeling more chuffed about the way the club plays let alone the results which speak for themselves. Thankyou Gus.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here