Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

MM still in charge for Falmer?

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
Well I would say that MM has been given the funds to improve the squad. 250K on CKR, over 100K on Turienzo. I'm sure we must have paid agents fees to get hold of Carole & Frutos. I think that's more money than Burnley and Luton (as examples) have spent

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Ex Shelton Seagull said:
Well I would say that MM has been given the funds to improve the squad. 250K on CKR, over 100K on Turienzo. I'm sure we must have paid agents fees to get hold of Carole & Frutos. I think that's more money than Burnley and Luton (as examples) have spent

f*** it sack the bugger then :jester:

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Ex Shelton Seagull said:

CKR didnt cost £250K he cost just over £100k, and the rest on wages.

What sort of quality do you get for £100k in this division exactly that wants to come and play at Withdean in a struggling side?

Some people have got their heads buried in the sand!

Smudge7

Nov 5, 2003
Brighton
Must of you are so thick. MM is doing a great job. 100k is nothing in football at the moment. CKR looks like he could become a great player, he is 19 for god sake!! Give MM the 5 year contract he deserves it. We are playing the best football i've seen us play for years and with players like carole, knight, frutos, ckr and jake we could move up this league very quickly. Suppose the gamble MM took on Darren Currie was a fluke. That sale was a very good bit of business!!

Get off his and the players backs and support the club.

All most of you do is moan!!!!!

Rant over

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Ex Shelton Seagull said:
I think that's more money than Burnley and Luton (as examples) have spent

Thatlly be The Burnley that already had a decent squad and have just got Harley in at Left Back and a qualtiy striker in Akinbye, the Burnely that are very few points in front of us.

Well Luton are third, and Im sure they spent a fair bit, and by your logic then Palace, Wolves, Southampton etc etc should all sack their manager becasue they arent doing as well but spent several hundred thousand more on players. :dunce:

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
But what people are stating he's still had funds., what is wroong with a bit of non league scouting?

Last edited:

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Albion Dan said:
Thatlly be The Burnley that already had a decent squad and have just got Harley in at Left Back and a qualtiy striker in Akinbye, the Burnely that are very few points in front of us.

Well Luton are third, and Im sure they spent a fair bit, and by your logic then Palace, Wolves, Southampton etc etc should all sack their manager becasue they arent doing as well but spent several hundred thousand more on players. :dunce:

Luton have spent very little. What they have done is successfully scouted the lower and non-leagues for players and it has paid off.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
I've still got apoint though - and are you tellling me people at the Withdean aren't moaning? I bet they bl00dy are.

Also it's out of concern for the club wwhen we get those extra seats in then don't fill them.

How can you say i'm the new Ernest i very publicly in my own thread stated Albion 4- 0 Wolves with a Knight hatrick how is that anything but optimistic and can you blame me for being pissed of when once again the lads blew it?

Last edited:

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Smudge7 said:
Must of you are so thick. MM is doing a great job. 100k is nothing in football at the moment. CKR looks like he could become a great player, he is 19 for god sake!! Give MM the 5 year contract he deserves it. We are playing the best football i've seen us play for years and with players like carole, knight, frutos, ckr and jake we could move up this league very quickly. Suppose the gamble MM took on Darren Currie was a fluke. That sale was a very good bit of business!!

Get off his and the players backs and support the club.

All most of you do is moan!!!!!

Rant over

The most stupid thing we could do is give any manager a 5 year contract. He got a 2 year one in the summer which he did deserve. However if you give him a longer one and things do go wrong, then it costs a fortune to get rid of him.

If he wants to committ then put him a rolling contract by all means, at least that allows some movement for an exit if needed.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
The one thing i would say is the 15k was a utter waste on Mccammon and no matter what some people say his wages could have been spent a lot better on a free this summer

Smudge7

Nov 5, 2003
Brighton
Yeah ok i agree with the 5 year contract but all we need now is some stabillity. A nice 3 - 4 year quiet period. Championship mid table thankyou.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Smudge7 said:
Yeah ok i agree with the 5 year contract but all we need now is some stabillity. A nice 3 - 4 year quiet period. Championship mid table thankyou.

Like Piers said, this club cant afford to put a manager on a long term deal if they need to sack him - anyway Knight has a past history of selling managers so you never know

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Smudge7 said:

Champiomnship mid table is the bit i'm concerned about, It may all click and we start winning but my god do we need it to click and soon.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
KinkyGoebels said:
The one thing i would say is the 15k was a utter waste on Mccammon and no matter what some people say his wages could have been spent a lot better on a free this summer
Like it or not he contributed to our survival last season.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Smudge7 said:

But the way we are playing at present, mid table is not an option. It is going to be another season spent near the bottom 3. Now if this is what is going to happen until Falmer, then that is fine, as long as we do not go down.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Uncle Buck said:
But the way we are playing at present, mid table is not an option. It is going to be another season spent near the bottom 3. Now if this is what is going to happen until Falmer, then that is fine, as long as we do not go down.

But that doesnt matter - cue funds, ground etc

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
What would be nice is if Dick Knight would give MM a decent wedge of cash to bring in a Left back and central midfielder and maybe someone proven to score goals to ensure we dont bloody go down.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here