Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

MM still in charge for Falmer?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Uncle Buck said:
One goal against Sunderland did. The only other time he managed to hit a cows arse with his banjo we still lost.
If we hadn't got those three points we'd have gone down. Also him coming off the bench changed the game against Gillingham on boxing day, and it was his flick on that setup Virgo's winner.
I'm no great fan of him but he made his contribution to our survival and was therefore a worthwhile signing in my view.

Last edited:

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Toi be honest i felt we really nearly threw it away towards the back end of the season we were comfortably midtable at one point. Once the decline set in after that we've got stuck in a rut.

So how you can say survival it was more like self destruction

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Silent Bob said:
If we hadn't got those three points we'd have gone down. Also him coming off the bench changed the game against Gillingham on boxing day, and it was his flick on that setup Virgo's winner.
I'm no great fan of him but he made his contribution to our survival and was therefore a worthwhile signing in my view.

Yes so a 1 year deal.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Albion Dan said:
What would be nice is if Dick Knight would give MM a decent wedge of cash to bring in a Left back and central midfielder and maybe someone proven to score goals to ensure we dont bloody go down.

I honestly believe that Rents could be the solution at left back. Alternatively, if we do play 3 centre backs then Frutos could well be a capable solution as a wing back.

I guess regarding central midfielders, there are not that many creative ones about and what we are likely to sign is going to be similar to what we have.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Albion Dan said:
What would be nice is if Dick Knight would give MM a decent wedge of cash to bring in a Left back and central midfielder and maybe someone proven to score goals to ensure we dont bloody go down.

So it's Dick tight your pissed off with then? I knew you were pissed off with something.

So it looks like Albion Dan wants Knight out for not spending - crikey you'll be flamed for that.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
KinkyGoebels said:
Yes so a 1 year deal.
Doubt he'd have come for that, a 6 month deal? Anyway if it wasn't for the sales of Virgo and Harding, and the coke money he'd probably still be in the team (when fit of course).

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Mark McCammon probably shouldnt have been given such a long deal but he served his purpose and won us some vital points. He may pull on the shirt again and if hes on the pitch it does nobody any favours getting on his back, regardless of wether you rate him or not.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
MM had a 160-odd game run at Millwall. At BHA, he's around a hundred, I'd guess. Even if he's that ambitious, he might not be exactly due to move....

My guess -- with age comes wisdom, and MM has discovered the charms of being the big fish in a not-exactly-small pond.

I'd say it's even money he not only opens Falmer, but that he untimately retires from it, and has a stand named after him to boot.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Goring Gull said:
Toi be honest i felt we really nearly threw it away towards the back end of the season we were comfortably midtable at one point. Once the decline set in after that we've got stuck in a rut.

So how you can say survival it was more like self destruction

INJURIES

Sorry that doesn't quite fit in with your negative stirring does it?
3 loan keepers as emergency notice.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
RexCathedra said:
My guess -- with age comes wisdom, and MM has discovered the charms of being the big fish in a not-exactly-small pond.

That's kind of my take on it. Also agree with hitony's post above, although with MM's reputation for jumping ship he may feel he can prove something to his critics by staying here and seeing the job through.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here