Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mk player ratings

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
On the way home from the game fairly distressed..

Ankergren-5 dodgy on the ball but made 1 or 2 good stops
Calde-3 torn apart by their 27
Greer-5 fairly solid
El-abd-5 as above
Painter-4 didnt push on enough
Bennett-4 didn't want to shoot and was ineffective
Dicker-2 misplaced everything
Bridcutt-6 broke play up well
Wood-4 didn't use his power or strength.
Murray-6 only striker that looked interested.
Barnes-2 did nothing.

Sandaza-4 looked to run with it but got nowhere.
Tarrico-5 gave support well on the left flank.
Sparrow-4 didn't really get into the game.

Overall a dire performance.. not once did we test their keeper. Hopefully we can move on for Tuesday.

inland seagull

Aug 7, 2010
Northampton
Disappointing game overall in which both defences dominated, only one real opportunity at either end which MK buried. If MK had anything anywhere near resembling a striker they would be pushing for promotion!

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I'm not the only one disappointed with Dicker, then. He has looked a bit dodgy for the past few games to be honest. We're always going to have the odd off day tho - I'm sure Gus will make sure we bounce back against Yeovil.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Casper - 7 Made a brilliant save before they scored, made a couple more decent saves.
Calde-5 Seemed off the pace today
Greer-6 Reasonably solid but gave the ball away too many times.
El-abd-6 Made some decent challenges
Painter-6 Looked pretty solid and put in a couple of decent balls.
Bennett-6 Not at his best, a couple of the short corners were a waste of time.
Dicker-4 Poor, passed like a right tool.
Bridcutt-6 Put himself about pretty well
Wood-3 Pants.
Murray-6 Lacked support.
Barnes-3 Pants.

Sandaza-6 Looked lively.
Taricco-6 Looked good down the wing but only played a few minutes.
Sparrow-5 Didn't do much.

I'm not one to slate the team or individual players, I feel we didn't turn up today and the players did not gel as a unit. It was quite irratating when we were losing the ball and not getting the simple things right.
Hats off to the Plastic, they kept us pretty well contained and didn't let us play.
Was nice to see the majority of our fans stay and applaud the team off at the final whistle. We Can't win every game, it's a marathon, not a sprint and I'm still certain we will be playing championship football next season.
Can I just say, this is my own personal view of what I saw today, If you don't agree, so be it.

TheBlueAndWhiteStrips

May 27, 2009
Huntingdon
I thought the movement and distribution were terrible, when we had the ball it was like we didn't really no what to do with it. When they went down to ten men you would hope that our passing game would get us back in the game. We just kept doing the same things that weren't working. Poor performance overall.

Still top, games in hand. We were going to have a bad day sooner or later.

BASINGSTOKESEAGULL

Jul 26, 2010
Casper 6- Made a couple of good saves, especially that one in the 2nd half, but anyone else think he could have done better with saving their goal?
Calderon 5- Didn't rate him as highly as usual, bit off the pace at times, did supply a good cross for our best chance though.
Greer 6- Solid, quality on the ball as usual.
El Abd 6- As above.
Painter 6- Got forward well, and good defensively.
Bennett 6- Thought he was okay, could have pulled the trigger a few more times, and instead of doing the short corner to Dicker put the ball in the area a few more times!
Bridcutt 5- Gave the ball away far too many times.
Dicker 3- As above, not his usual creative self.
Barnes 2- Shocker, did put a good cross for Wood in the first half though.
Murray 5- Our only bright spark up front.
Wood 4- Not good enough aerially and wasn't on it today.
Atmosphere 4- Not up to its usual high standards.

Not good enough today, probably our worst performance of the season. Was looking for us to push on when they had a player sent off, shame about Noone being out, would offered us more coming off the bench, onwards to Yeovil.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Casper - 7 Made a number of good saves today, one point blank one on one sits in my mind. I would question his final positioning for the goal too much room at the near post but that said they had just hit the bar/post two cleared off the line and he was diving all over the place
Calderon -4 Got skinned too many times today and pedestrian
Greer-6 Reasonable game, nothing outstanding, nothing poor, a number of timely headers, lucky not to be sent off though.
El-abd-6 Save a couple of goal chances with excellent last ditch tackles.
Painter- 5 Okay but could not push forward when we needed it against 10 men.
Bennett-6 Not at the races today, some good crosses but agreed with above, short corners were a waste of time.
Dicker- 3 Unsure if he completed a pass today.
Bridcutt-5 Not sure if it was the lack of support he had today which meant he didnt look good or if he was off the pace.
Wood-5 A couple of good headers, should have scored with one and the follow up but nothing apart from that.
Murray-6 Lonely today with no support.
Barnes-3 Shocking today.

Sandaza 5 Looked sprightly without offering anything
Taricco-5 Looked okay down the wing but not on for long enough
Sparrow-5 Looked like he wanted it but not on for long enough but did more than dicker in that short time.

In summary, the team were lethargic today, MK Dons had a very well planned physical plan today which worked and we did not have an answer. No wing play didnt help.

Prodigal Son

Getting older by the day
Sep 21, 2009
Sussex
Ankergren-4 Absolute hash of the goal. Fell to his knees when it hit the post, thinking it had already gone in, resulting in poor position for MK follow up.
Calde-3 out of position on their counter attacks and made to look lame by their 27
Greer-5 A credible performance
El-abd-5.5 solid
Painter-3 Absent from his post on several occasions and ineffective/absent for their goal.
Bennett-5 Too much time in the centre and did not play at his usual tempo. Disappointing.
Dicker-2 Too many passes misplaced, over hit, under hit. Lacked usual vision.
Bridcutt-6 Always looking to play forward or create the opening which we lacked today. Imrpoves every game he plays IMHO
Wood-4 Didn't read the play, and did not feed off Murray. Went too deep to go and get the ball which left a gap when Glen did nod the ball forward to where he should have been waiting. Fluffed his only major chance (header).
Murray-6 Kept working but did not get the "run of the green" and had little to work from
Barnes-3 A passenger.

Sandaza-4 Lacked chances and was easily muscled off the ball
Tarrico-4 Not given enough time to get into the game.
Sparrow-4 As Tarrico.

Overall, we did not create enough opportunities and I do not recall Martin having to make one decent save? When we realised that we couldn't play through them, we resorted to too many "hit and hope balls" over the top. Although this applied sustained pressure to their back four, it was ineffective because they sat 9 men behind the ball. Even with the advantage of an extra man, we failed to use it to our benefit. One of the most lack lustre Albion performances I have seen all season. MK had the measure of us for sure, but we are better than this and need to forget about it and move on.

Last edited:

BASINGSTOKESEAGULL

Jul 26, 2010
Ankergren-4 Absolute hash of the goal. Fell to his knees when it hit the post, thinking it had already gone in, resulting in poor position for MK follow up.
Calde-3 out of position on their counter attacks and made to look lame by their 27
Greer-5 A credible performance
El-abd-5.5 solid
Painter-3 Absent from his post on several occasions and ineffective/absent for their goal.
Bennett-5 Too much time in the centre and did not play at his usual tempo. Disappointing.
Dicker-2 Too many passes misplaced, over hit, under hit. Lacked usual vision.
Bridcutt-6 Always looking to play forward or create the opening which we lacked today. Imrpoves every game he plays IMHO
Wood-4 Didn't read the play, and did not feed off Murray. Went too deep to go and get the ball which left a gap when Glen did nod the ball forward to where he should have been waiting. Fluffed his only major chance (header).
Murray-6 Kept working but did not get the "run of the green" and had little to work from
Barnes-3 A passenger.

Sandaza-4 Lacked chances and was easily muscled off the ball
Tarrico-4 Not given enough time to get into the game.
Sparrow-4 As Tarrico.

Overall, we did not create enough opportunities and I do not recall Martin having to make one decent save? When we realised that we couldn't play through them, we resorted to too many "hit and hope balls" over the top. Although this applied sustained pressure to their back four, it was ineffctive because they pulled 9 men behind the ball. Even with the advantage of an extra man, we failed to use it to out benefit. One of the most lack lustre Albion performances I have seen all season. MK had the measure of us for sure, but we are better than this and need to forget about it and move on.

Agree with most of this, but their keeper made an unbelievable save with Wood's header in the 2nd half. Apart from that no chances were created.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Using 5 as average.

Ankergren 5 Not at fault for the goal but not so sure with his footwork as usual.
Calderon 4 Had a difficult time against their no 27 Powell.
Greer 6 Committed and tidy
El Abd 6 As per Greer
Painter 5 Got forward well but should have cleared the ball for the goal as he had a couple of chances.
Bennett 5 Did ok but seemed scared to have 'a pop'.
Bridcutt 5 Not as influential as usual won a few lost a few
Dicker 4 Poor game lost the ball or gave it away too much where is Kish
Barnes 4 Ineffective needs to concentrate on playing and not moaniong at the ref about everything.
Wood 4 Very lacklustre looked tired and slower than normal.
Murray 5 Won a few balls but didnt look like he would score even when they lost a central defender.

Subs;
Sandaza 4 Added nothing to the front line and ke[pt falling over and losing the ball.
Sparrow 5 Not given long enough tio impose himself
Tarrico 5 Same as Sparrow but couldnt understand why he was brought on unless Painter was injured.

Overall a poor performance with no bite, no urgency and no thrust to put them or their keeper under pressure.

Prodigal Son

Getting older by the day
Sep 21, 2009
Sussex
Using 5 as average.

Ankergren 5 Not at fault for the goal but not so sure with his footwork as usual.
Calderon 4 Had a difficult time against their no 27 Powell.
Greer 6 Committed and tidy
El Abd 6 As per Greer
Painter 5 Got forward well but should have cleared the ball for the goal as he had a couple of chances.
Bennett 5 Did ok but seemed scared to have 'a pop'.
Bridcutt 5 Not as influential as usual won a few lost a few
Dicker 4 Poor game lost the ball or gave it away too much where is Kish
Barnes 4 Ineffective needs to concentrate on playing and not moaniong at the ref about everything.
Wood 4 Very lacklustre looked tired and slower than normal.
Murray 5 Won a few balls but didnt look like he would score even when they lost a central defender.

Subs;
Sandaza 4 Added nothing to the front line and ke[pt falling over and losing the ball.
Sparrow 5 Not given long enough tio impose himself
Tarrico 5 Same as Sparrow but couldnt understand why he was brought on unless Painter was injured.

Overall a poor performance with no bite, no urgency and no thrust to put them or their keeper under pressure.

Agree with most of this except Ankergren. IMO, he was out of position for the goal as he had fallen to his knees when the original header hit the post and offered an almost empty goal for the MK follow up.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Agree with most of this except Ankergren. IMO, he was out of position for the goal as he had fallen to his knees when the original header hit the post and offered an almost empty goal for the MK follow up.

I think that having gone for the ball that hit the post, he was grounded and unable to get up quick enough to try to save it but having said that Painter had 2 attempts at clearing it and should have hit row z.

Prodigal Son

Getting older by the day
Sep 21, 2009
Sussex
I think that having gone for the ball that hit the post, he was grounded and unable to get up quick enough to try to save it but having said that Painter had 2 attempts at clearing it and should have hit row z.

100% agree.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
I thought we really missed noone today. We needed someone to run at their back 4, especially when they went down to ten men. It was the kind of game where the two teams were fairly evenly matched, and we needed a noone/lualua type player to make the difference.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
We are creating so many chances,seems like Woods had about 4/5 chances,we are definately lacking that predator in the box,someone who given half a chance will put it in the net....Craig M Smith, I know they cost money but the price of failore cost more.Some will say we scored 4 times in 3 games...but it should have been 8 with the chances made.Bright side is we are still top games in hand.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here