Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mk player ratings

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Now if I was petty, I would bounce a certain thread, a certain person posted last month :D But I'm not, so I wont.

I am sure you are loving this. Barnes has a poor game and you are no doubt thinking you have been proved right. Pathetic isn't it.

As for Ankergren, I can't believe that some people are giving him 4 and 5. He kept us in it in the first half and considering the number of chances we had to clear, is far from being the main person to blame for the goal even if he might have positioned himself slightly better, which I think is harsh anyway.

PrestGull

Oct 18, 2003
Ankergren-7 Not much to do, did well to keep shots outs before goal
Calde-5 bigger test today against a useful winger
Greer-6 good on the ball, went walkabout for the goal
El-abd-5 okish
Painter-5 did not know how to use the ball when they were down to 10
Bennett-7 offered more movement than anyone else in the tea,
Dicker-3 decision making and retention of pocession very poor, despite skill he gives ball away an generally in poor parts of the pitch
Bridcutt-6 industrious but did not know how to use the ball when they were down to 10
Wood-4 limited movement and more huff and puff today rather than quality
Murray-5 tried but flicks and decision making in last third not great
Barnes-3 did not turn up today, normally he is clever coming back into the diamond but not today

A bad day at the office but MK played well. As for the Albion muppets who booed at the end I suggest they look at the table and crawl back behind the stone they arrived from, no excuses for booing a team who are top of the table and have demolished teams in many games before.

My first time at MK.....................bloody windy!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Ankers 6
Calde 5
Greer 5
Kebab 6
Painter 4
Benno 6
Dicker 4
Bridcutt 5
Woody 4
Muzza 5
Barnesy 4

subs
Tanno 4
Spaz 4
El Goleador 3

away fans atmosphere 5

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
You really are a complete twat. That is all

Shock! Horror! Aren't all posters on NSC complete twats? All of us! Goes with the territory surely.

Noone seriously missed as a sub. All agree!
Ashley Barnes - the latest hate figure - along with pretty well everybody else had an off day at MK. Did things improve when he was substituted ? Nope.
The ball was lumped in and headed out by the MK defence. Can anyone explain why we ended the game being so long ball ?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I am sure you are loving this. Barnes has a poor game and you are no doubt thinking you have been proved right. Pathetic isn't it.

In fairness, he had one good game after Mr Burns's post and people were quick to think Barnes had proved him wrong.

Obviously, I think he is wrong, but if you're right about him loving it, he wouldn't be the first, and he won't be the last to use a player's performance in one match to justify their love/dislike/whatever of a player, so it's hardly something to nail him to a cross over.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
In fairness, he had one good game after Mr Burns's post and people were quick to think Barnes had proved him wrong.

Obviously, I think he is wrong, but if you're right about him loving it, he wouldn't be the first, and he won't be the last to use a player's performance in one match to justify their love/dislike/whatever of a player, so it's hardly something to nail him to a cross over.

I know that people bounced the thread after he had good games but to be honest he deserved that for starting a thread slagging off a young player like that. Barnes has been playing really well recently and there has not even been an admission from Mr Burns that he is playing well, just looking for faults in everything he does. As someone else said on this thread, while Barnes was not great we didn't exactly improve dramatically when he was replaced despite being against ten men.

In fairness, it always pisses me off and I have often commented when people have picked on an individual player. It just seems so unnecessary to me. It was not constructive criticism, it was just completely slagging him off unjustifiably. As for his comment in this thread, it does annoy me when people take pleasure in seeing a player they have criticised have a bad game so they can come on here and be smug about it.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I know that people bounced the thread after he had good games but to be honest he deserved that for starting a thread slagging off a young player like that. Barnes has been playing really well recently and there has not even been an admission from Mr Burns that he is playing well, just looking for faults in everything he does. As someone else said on this thread, while Barnes was not great we didn't exactly improve dramatically when he was replaced despite being against ten men.

In fairness, it always pisses me off and I have often commented when people have picked on an individual player. It just seems so unnecessary to me. It was not constructive criticism, it was just completely slagging him off unjustifiably. As for his comment in this thread, it does annoy me when people take pleasure in seeing a player they have criticised have a bad game so they can come on here and be smug about it.

I don't disagree with any of that, but there is a tendency on NSC to use one game as proof. Back when we were shit under Adams, he'd get one win after a bad run and immediately this place was flooded with "Where are the moaners now?". Same with Slade.

The comment on here was about Mr Burns taking glee in one bad performance by Barnes.

He isn't the first (people did the reverse after one good performance after Burns's post, he did then have a couple more, but his thread was bumped after one), and he won't be the last. By all means have a go at him slating Barnes and refusing to acknowledge his positive contributions, but let's not act like he is the only one to use a single performance to justify his own position.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
I know that people bounced the thread after he had good games but to be honest he deserved that for starting a thread slagging off a young player like that. Barnes has been playing really well recently and there has not even been an admission from Mr Burns that he is playing well, just looking for faults in everything he does. .
This why I think your a twat. One minutes I'm slamming him, the next I'm slagging him off. I've never slagged a Brighton player off, but this is a forum. Forum are to post views. My view is Ashley Barnes isn't good enough for us. I went on to list the reasons I thought why. If you dont like it, put a point across, or tough f***ing shit. But dont quote things that are not said. I did not slag him off, I critizied him, quite harshly in some peoples view, so respond to that if you want to.

I saw Barnes play against Plymouth, and thought he was the worst player. For everything he did right, he done 2 or 3 things bad. I didn't see him at MK Dons but by the reation on here, it seemed he played shit, and it was a throw away comment having a joke little dig at poeple that took pleasure in bouncing the thread after each gmae he wasn't a complete liabilty.

But then a prick that you are shows up, and starts telling me what I'm thinking. Very clever of you that!! Amazing that you think you know what other people are thinking after one comment. You arrogant twat! Off course I dont that pleasure when we lose, but then this is a forum, for people to post what they want. If you dont agree, argue your case like a grown up, but don't tell people what they think, or make things up to prove a point you dont f***ing have!!!

And just in case you can't tell the difference, you have not just been critized, you have just been slagged off!!!! Idiot.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
I don't disagree with any of that, but there is a tendency on NSC to use one game as proof. Back when we were shit under Adams, he'd get one win after a bad run and immediately this place was flooded with "Where are the moaners now?". Same with Slade.

The comment on here was about Mr Burns taking glee in one bad performance by Barnes.

He isn't the first (people did the reverse after one good performance after Burns's post, he did then have a couple more, but his thread was bumped after one), and he won't be the last. By all means have a go at him slating Barnes and refusing to acknowledge his positive contributions, but let's not act like he is the only one to use a single performance to justify his own position.
Sort of agree with your earlier post, but as I said I don't judge a player on one bad performance, and certainly dont take glee in us losing or Barnes being shit. It was more tongue in cheek at the original thread being bounced everytime he scored, which was not based on one performance, but over the season. Some of us can see past a dozen goals scored in a side that Micky Mouse could get double figures for playing up front all season. Hopefully Lord Poyet will put him out of his misery tomorrow at Yeovil. It's just annoying when you get a leech like Finchley posting made up shit. Critizing and slagging off are two different things, but some people go all anal if someone dares say something bad about a player. As I said before, I've never shouted abuse at any player at any game, and never will, but surely a forum like this is for talking about these things?

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
The whole team were poor at MK - even the likes of Bridcutt, Dicker, Bennett and Murray were off the pace. There was also a lack of dominance in the air defensively and it wasn't down to Ankergren.

As for the obsession with Barnes, it says more about some of the tensions of our fans than it does about a young player who misses chances but links play well and gets in good positions. Crucially we did not improve when he was off the pitch. It would be interesting to hear what Poyet thinks about some of the abuse aimed at Barnes by some of our airheads at MK.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I only saw 3 Albion players put in an above average performance , Ankergren , El Abd and Bennett the rest were either mediocre or having a bad day.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
This why I think your a twat. One minutes I'm slamming him, the next I'm slagging him off. I've never slagged a Brighton player off, but this is a forum. Forum are to post views. My view is Ashley Barnes isn't good enough for us. I went on to list the reasons I thought why. If you dont like it, put a point across, or tough f***ing shit. But dont quote things that are not said. I did not slag him off, I critizied him, quite harshly in some peoples view, so respond to that if you want to.

I saw Barnes play against Plymouth, and thought he was the worst player. For everything he did right, he done 2 or 3 things bad. I didn't see him at MK Dons but by the reation on here, it seemed he played shit, and it was a throw away comment having a joke little dig at poeple that took pleasure in bouncing the thread after each gmae he wasn't a complete liabilty.

But then a prick that you are shows up, and starts telling me what I'm thinking. Very clever of you that!! Amazing that you think you know what other people are thinking after one comment. You arrogant twat! Off course I dont that pleasure when we lose, but then this is a forum, for people to post what they want. If you dont agree, argue your case like a grown up, but don't tell people what they think, or make things up to prove a point you dont f***ing have!!!

And just in case you can't tell the difference, you have not just been critized, you have just been slagged off!!!! Idiot.

I already posted my rebuttal to your original post in that thread but for what it's worth, I think Barnes is a fantastic young player who is having a great season for his first full year in professional football. He has scored 12 goals but has also missed chances. However, he has got into positions to miss the chances in the first place which is a crucial for a striker as you cannot teach a player to get into scoring positions but you can improve their quality in front of goal. He wasn't great on Saturday but very few of the team were and he was off for the last half hour or so, when we played against ten men, and we still didn't score.

Your attack on him was ridiculous in my view. You can argue it was criticism but to me it looked like you had a personal agenda. You also wrote off a 20 year old striker who has scored 12 goals in his first season. If you seriously thought he was our worst player against Plymouth then you are clearly one of those people who only judge strikers by goals, ironically the people you have criticised. His link up play against Plymouth was very good and in the Hartlepool game before that I thought he was our best player despite Murray getting two goals. No doubt I am wrong though as apparently he is out of his depth.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here