Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

MK Dons Away

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Last away game of the season.

Weather likely to be decent.

There shouldn't be anything important riding on the result.

Bank holiday weekend.

Two words:

Fancy dress

:clap: :clap: :clap:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Last season it was £5 to get there on the train and £5 to get in. It was sunny, the fans sang their hearts out in a bid to get the team out of relegation trouble, and then the team forgot to turn up, and Craig Davies might not like to remember that day ever happened

It was a designated family day by them, with shite rock bands ( are there any other type ? ) and the like put on on a stage outside the Asda end. I seem to remember tickets being £10 adults, £1 kids - exactly the same as we paid for our train tickets from Hastings to almost the very end of the Southern line.

The chant at poor old barndoor, scapegoat for the day for a team that certainly did not turn up, turned out to be harsh..........but prophetically true.

The inside of the stadium really was very impressive. A lovely counterpoint perhaps to the - taking your life in your hands roundabout traffic dodging stranger with goggle maps on his phone led 20 minute walk from some little train station beginning with B that was purported by folks on here to be " closest to the ground ".

Player of the day ? Dean Lewington by a country mile (including the roundabouts).

Set of Tracksuits

Oct 27, 2003
Leicester
Can't believe nobody has mentioned the LEGENDARY "left side, right side" that took place there last season. Surely we can beat it this year? Surely someone remembers it?

Best rendition of it I've ever heard, went on for ages.

Was a good day out last time even though we were shit and seemed doomed to relegation.

There's a small patch of grass between Asda and the ground that makes a nice spot for a picnic. I had a couple of Becks and a Southern Fried Chicken Fillet in the sunshine.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Will be a lovely stadium when fully built and near to capacity.

I enjoyed a nice cheap day out last season, £5 for train, £5 for match ticket, and about the same on drinks and what not.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Those who are taking the train, how are you getting up there?

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
As was said, there are no trains to MK or Bletchley from East Croydon that saturday, and i dont think the bedford service is running either. Only way then, which is the way NationRail is giving me is straight up to Victoria, tube to Euston and a train to Bletchley from there.
Shame, as instead of a £5 as it was last time, will probably be looking at £20+

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.

Bank holiday weekend.

Two words:

Fancy dress

Maybe we could get a theme going + donations for doing it - REMF getting any money rasied? :shrug:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent

Bank holiday weekend.

Two words:

Fancy dress

You could go as a Policewoman .... :blush:

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Nothing, it was awful. Half built and in the middle of no where with bugger all transport links. That combined with Milton Keynes being the most depressing place on earth I'd avoid it at all cost if I were you.

Quite - although it looks like I'll be going again this season! Can't wait to sit in the WAL-MART (FFS!) car park; marveling at the beautiful surroundings & the cultured local populous.. :facepalm:

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
I remember LS-RS it was well loud.

I also remember getting s suntan, what a day!

I think that was the hottest I've ever felt at a football match in England, it was unreal!

It must have been the glass roof but it was like a green-house! I remember at half time I asked for a glass of water and they didn't have any cups so they gave me a BUCKET that they would otherwise serve massive portions of chicken from. What a day!

Ps. Shame about the result and match, it was one of the least passionate performances I've ever seen from an Albion side. We were eight points adrift from safety after that.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
That's now 3 people saying they got in for £5.
If you really went, as I did, you'd know it was £10

£10 for adults.

£5 for U16's, Students and OAP's.

Now if you really went, you would have known that.

Tomnorthi

Jan 2, 2010
BN15
As was said, there are no trains to MK or Bletchley from East Croydon that saturday, and i dont think the bedford service is running either. Only way then, which is the way NationRail is giving me is straight up to Victoria, tube to Euston and a train to Bletchley from there.
Shame, as instead of a £5 as it was last time, will probably be looking at £20+

Checked the fare at preston park the other day for under 16 it was £14.90 return, so adults is gonna be easily over 20 quid.

veade

Feb 19, 2005
Boston
it was a great day i remember that geezer that got kicked out the ground for mouthing at us so we all took the piss out of him i shall be going there again :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here