Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

MK Dons Away

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
You can go via London.

The cheapest route looks to be use the group deals on the Thameslink route to Bedford and then get a train to that little station near the stadium.

Cost is not too much of an issue for me personally as I have an annual season ticket to London for work. Cheers for the tip though. :thumbsup:

andywhing4england

Jan 19, 2009
Stadium was lovely. Even though my seat was rarely used, i really hope they have the same seats for Falmer. They were wide, cushioned and comfortable. It was a shame to have to go back to the Withdean after seeing what falmer could be like.

Vankleek Hill Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Vankleek Hill, actually....
I missed this one last season but if I remember rightly it was the last away game of the season. Presume we are likely to take a decent following up there. What was the stadium like?

You do not remember rightly. Last away game was Huddersfield! Can't be bothered to check but wasn't Brizzle Rovers after that as well?

Huddersfield was the last away game last season as I flew over for it and the Stockport game at Withdean. I shall be doing the same again this year and visiting the MK Stadium for the first time and attending the Yeovil game as well.

Last edited:

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Huddersfield was the last away game last season as I flew over for it and the Stockport game at Withdean. I shall be doing the same again this and visiting the MK Stadium for the first time and attending the Yeovil game as well.

I meant wasn't Bristol Rovers after MK Dons as well (but before Hudds)! WHo can forget that day in Yorkshire?!

Smith DID score

formerly Harvey's Best
Apr 25, 2009
Worthing
As far as a new stadium goes its pretty good, from the outside it looks fairly big.
Its only when you walk in that you find ground level is about half way up the stands and that the pitch is a lot lower, that the full size of the ampitheatre becomes apparent.

Just a shame it belongs to a team that shouldn't exist.

Having said that the Emirates its not and the finish in places is not great. Lets hope the Buckingham Group do better with Falmer.

Personally I still prefer the New Den.

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
As far as a new stadium goes its pretty good, from the outside it looks fairly big.
Its only when you walk in that you find ground level is about half way up the stands and that the pitch is a lot lower, that the full size of the ampitheatre becomes apparent.

Just a shame it belongs to a team that shouldn't exist.

Having said that the Emirates its not and the finish in places is not great. Lets hope the Buckingham Group do better with Falmer.

Personally I still prefer the New Den.

Why? Grotty food, and a grotty food eating area. And 4 very simple stands? What's special?

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Should be going, also thinking about Southend before that aswell

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
Just that I don't like wrap around grounds that much.

As for grotty food surely that could be levelled at every football league ground.

I wouldn't say so. I can eat the burgers at Withdean. But the burgers sold at some ground which come in SWEATY silver bags, I can't.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
We owe these fuckers one.I don't think we have taken a point off them yet have we?

Tomnorthi

Jan 2, 2010
BN15
On the national rail website it says only engineering work on the underground: "Engineering work on London Underground on Saturday 1, Sunday 2 and Monday 3 May 2010". But the Victoria line which runs from Victoria station to Euston is not effected. Only Bakerloo, Circle, District, Hammersmith and City, Jubilee, Metropolitan and Waterloo and City lines are disrupted.
National Rail Enquiries - Future Engineering Works
So you should be alright to travel to the stadium :smile:

Brighton M

Banned
Sep 22, 2006
Lancing
On the national rail website it says only engineering work on the underground: "Engineering work on London Underground on Saturday 1, Sunday 2 and Monday 3 May 2010". But the Victoria line which runs from Victoria station to Euston is not effected. Only Bakerloo, Circle, District, Hammersmith and City, Jubilee, Metropolitan and Waterloo and City lines are disrupted.
National Rail Enquiries - Future Engineering Works
So you should be alright to travel to the stadium :smile:

click on 'Engineering work between Wembley Central / Willesden Junction and Shepherds Bush from Saturday 1 to Monday 3 May 2010'

Start date
01/05/2010
End date
03/05/2010
Route affected
Milton Keynes Central, Tring, Watford Junction, Harrow & Wealdstone, Wembley Central, Harlesden, Willesden Junction, Shepherds Bush, Clapham Junction, Balham, Selhurst & East Croydon
TOC(s) affected
London Overground , Southern
Description

London Overground

Sunday only

Buses replace trains between Willesden Junction and Clapham Junction

Southern

Saturday

Milton Keynes Central - East Croydon services will run between Shepherds Bush and East Croydon

Sunday

Watford Junction - Clapham Junction services will start from Shepherds Bush

Monday

Milton Keynes Central - East Croydon services will run between Shepherds Bush and Selhurst

Passengers travelling between Milton Keynes Central and London are advised to use London Midland services to London Euston, London Underground Victoria Line services to London Victoria, then alternative Southern services

Planning your Journey

To get options for your journey, please use the Journey Planner

Tomnorthi

Jan 2, 2010
BN15
Oh :facepalm: surely the national rail website should flag this when planning a route, I only got informed of the underground changes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here