Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Missing World Cup matches because ....

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
Well, the USA game could be tricky, as going to see Doves at Thetford Forest Saturday night. Though thats my fault, so can't complain. Could manage the first half though I think.

I think work gets in way for Algeria, as I'll be on my nightshft. Though Slovenia is looking ok.

Fingers crossed Englang get the quarter final that I've got a ticket for.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
The wife had me booked for dinner with friends the same time as the USA game. I told her fine so long as it was in the pub in front of the tele. she cancelled instead.

I'm supposed to be on call for work on the QF dates. I need a really good excuse to get out of it.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I might have to be in Paris the morning after the final, which would mean travelling the night before. I could plan to go early and watch it in my hotel, but any combination that involves either England or France is likely to see me hitting unforeseen delays and turning up some time the next day.

Ok probably not much cause for concern on either count.

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
Friday 18th vs Slovenia, 7.30pm, superb. Kick the weekend off in style. Oh no. My boss, the Managing Director, is having a 50th birthday party in Covent Garden that evening. Nice restaurant, no tellys, but enough noise outside that "avoiding the result" isn't even worth joking about. All expenses paid, big night out, a select few have had partners invited too. I'm part of that select few, and have zero chance of ducking this.

Errr, the Slovenia game is at 16:00, and it's on the 23rd

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
I head out to Greece on the 7th July - which IF we were to come second in the group I may have a bit of a problem.

murphy's law

Nov 24, 2008
Mum's wedding party on 26th, second round if we win group, already told them we'll be finding nearest pub for the game, non negiotable. Already been to the actual wedding! Also booked last group game off as it's a 3pm ko

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I hate people that don't understand the importance of this. I have all the fixtures in my outlook and have made it clear to anyone who will listen that I will be watching the games and not to book anything when they are on. Fortunately the only England game that is on during work time is a minor group game but I've taken the time off anyway. Anyone who late on tries to cancel it will be shoved in the face.

As for people booking weddings during the world cup they need to get a life and some sense of reality.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
We are going to win the world cup

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Ive just found out that Im expected to pick up the girlfriends mate from work in Tunbridge Wells and drive her to the missus' BBQ in Haywards Heath, which is fine, but her mate doesnt finish work until 7pm on Saturday!

NOT impressed!

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Ive just found out that Im expected to pick up the girlfriends mate from work in Tunbridge Wells and drive her to the missus' BBQ in Haywards Heath, which is fine, but her mate doesnt finish work until 7pm on Saturday!

NOT impressed!

Erm, Ali - Just say no. Not a problem.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
I have to work for the Slovenia game and will be at Glastonbury if we get to the 2nd round (although they are apparently going to show it somewhere).

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Unless I get told I have to go back to work the only game I will miss will be Brazil v North Korea, Other than that I should get to see the whole world cup.

Billy Mays

Aug 14, 2008
Fruit Cove
Michael F*&^%@!g Buble concert on the night of the final. Yes you read that right. Michael Buble. Hamster cheeked Canadian tw*t! I've moaned about this on here before by the way so am fixturing myself. Have already warned my wife (who expects to be taken to dinner first!) that if England win the World Cup I will be in a serious mess. All appeals to take a good book/IPOD etc have fallen on deaf ears but I understand that I can get really good ear plugs at any motorbike dealership that should block out most if not all of his inane warblings. "I'm coming back home". I wish you would Mick. Bastard!

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
I'm choosing to make the sacrifice of not watching any of the games until after my final exam this year

which quite luckily falls on the day of the Slovenia game

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here