Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Missing World Cup matches because ....

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
My mate is going to a wedding on Saturday in the hope that there will be a telly somewhere in the building of the evening do. I feel sorry for the groom, not only is he likely to miss England v USA, but will be expected to spend the next 2 weeks being romantic with his missis and will probably miss some cracking group matches.

How can you have any sympathy for him? Surely he realised the World Cup was going to be on when they arranged the wedding, it's not like it's a big secret. He's clearly made a MASSIVE schoolboy error.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Seeing as I left my full time job in august last year to be full time carer for my mrs and as such she is now my work and I obviously work at home, plus over the last 4 years I have steadily converted her not only to the Albion but football in general I shall be watching every England game and many more besides!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The groom is a bloody Scot. The bride is Thai but supporting England. To be fair they were pretty gutted when they realised, it just didn't occur to them when they were booking the venue...

Bet it was the only date available..as everyone else had thought it through

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
I miss England V U.S.A as I shall be in the air flying between Heathrow and Durban. Pretty poor planning really but never mind.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I miss England V U.S.A as I shall be in the air flying between Heathrow and Durban. Pretty poor planning really but never mind.

f***ing DREADFUL planning given that you are going to the country where the thing is taking place :clap2:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
How can you have any sympathy for him? Surely he realised the World Cup was going to be on when they arranged the wedding, it's not like it's a big secret. He's clearly made a MASSIVE schoolboy error.

Whilst I don't know this bloke, I can have sympathy in that his missis and her mother have probably spent every day for the past 18 months planning this day, and that he has been allowed little, if any, input into it despite stumping up 50% of the cost.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Whilst I don't know this bloke, I can have sympathy in that his missis and her mother have probably spent every day for the past 18 months planning this day, and that he has been allowed little, if any, input into it despite stumping up 50% of the cost.

under_the_thumb_cartoon.jpeg

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
f***ing DREADFUL planning given that you are going to the country where the thing is taking place :clap2:

Indeed, in my defence I did book the tickets before the draw was made. Still should have organised to go a couple of days before the start mind!

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Work clashes with the last two group games, frantically searching the house for a little portable hand held TV I once had when I was a kid....

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
I am missing England vs USA because a very good mate of mine's wife has organised a fecking surprise 40th fecking birthday treat whereby 50 of us are punting down the fecking Cherwell. Livid.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I am missing England vs USA because a very good mate of mine's wife has organised a fecking surprise 40th fecking birthday treat whereby 50 of us are punting down the fecking Cherwell. Livid.

Do I understand correctly that the party is for your mate? He's going to be well pissed off. I bet he's blisfully unaware that his weekend is being planned for him and is probably looking forward to an evening in front of the telly with a take away and some cans, and getting sucked off by the missis as a birthday treat.

Someone should really say something to her!

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto

It will be an even bigger surprise when no one turns up :thumbsup:

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I'm very lucky as we've got 14 or so tv's in the office so can watch every game in the office. Also allowed out to the pub for any game I want so long as I make the time up later.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
is probably looking forward to an evening in front of the telly with a take away and some cans, and getting sucked off by the missis as a birthday treat.

All at the same time as well ?

"And RRROOOOONNNNEYYY"

uuurrrrrAAAHHHHHhhhhuuurrrr.......thanks love.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here