Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Missing out again!! Time to pay out 40 notes?

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
I know its been touched on by someone else on another thread but the news that Carl Asaba has signed for Millwall is another kick in the nuts for Albion fans everywhere.
Is now the time for a re launch of the 40note fund?
Because its clear that the overwhelming majority of the transfer/season ticket income has gone straight out of the door, allegedly the bulk of it to the tax office at Worthing.
Would it work a second time?
I'll put my 40 quid in, anyone else up for it?

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Id want some accountabilty where the transfer money has gone first

dont care if its been spent on tax or whatever, just the club should say first if there is any more money left or not and if not what its been spent on

Last edited:

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
maffew said:
Id want some accountabilty where the transfer money has gone first

dont care if its been spent on tax or whatever, just the club should say first if there is any more money left or not and if not what its been spent on

Ditto

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Can't see it working Harty. There's been the original 40 note fund which raised a few quid and the Albion's own appeal which, although raising vital thousands, was way below the Albion target.

I can't see too many people wanting to dip into their pockets for the same reason once again. I mean, it's not as if the Albion haven't been paying out - we've got new two strikers who cost 6 figure sums each - when was the last time we did that?

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
it's not going to work ian.

we pay up £40 the destination of which is never made clear, we get in more transfer money than we've had for years and years, we get the coca cola money, then are told that it's all gone on a taxbill, expected or otherwise.

the level of accountability would need to increase rather a lot i suspect.

i have no doubt everything is being done properly, but am less impressed with the PR....

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Harty said:
I
Because its clear that the overwhelming majority of the transfer/season ticket income has gone straight out of the door, allegedly the bulk of it to the tax office at Worthing.

careful Ian, I got slaughtered by the " I am a better fan than you "brigade on here for putting such a suggestion.

I hope you have a sworn affadavit pertaining to evidence of this transaction

:nono:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Fletch said:
we've got new two strikers who cost 6 figure sums each - when was the last time we did that?

That's the important point, we have to trust MM that he has spent wisely. If we ignore CKR as he was a freebie he has still spent £100k+ on a striker rather than say £25k four times on other players.

Why are we upset that we have missed out on another striker anyway, we don't "need" anymore.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
did all the coca cola money go on CKR?

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Harty said:

That should not have come as a suprise to you or anyone - once everyone understands that there isn't enough to go around at the moment and its a matter of juggling debts and necessity costs then we'll all stop moaning and realize what a hard and good job the club is doing....

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
No, i give the Club enough. If Knight cannot get/put more money into the Club, he is passed his sell-by date! :nono:

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
Carl Asaba. Scored 2 in 35 appearances last season, 10 goals in the last 2 years. Most Stoke fans are overjoyed to be getting shot of him.

Can think of better uses for 40 quid than becoming a part owner of that particular carthorse.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Oh come on, only an idiot would think a large amount of the cash wouldn't get swallowed up by the losses the club has built up.
We've bought in C K-R, Turienzo, Carole permanently, Chaigneu and McShane on long term loans and Henderson short term and McGhee is still trying to sign players. It's not like we haven't spent money on transfer's and wages is it.

Last edited:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
this is news to me , have I missed something, a tax bill in Worthing ? what is that about ?
I feel it's time we were informed

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Re: Re: Missing out again!! Time to pay out 40 notes?

tedebear said:
That should not have come as a suprise to you or anyone - once everyone understands that there isn't enough to go around at the moment and its a matter of juggling debts and necessity costs then we'll all stop moaning and realize what a hard and good job the club is doing....

What she said!

Excellent summation of our current situation.....

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I agree with the points made about accountability.

A lot of money has come into this club since the Play-Off Final from various sources, and many posters have produced "cod accounts" showing a surplus for players, so if we are back in the shit the club needs to tell us how much and why.

3gulls said:
No, i give the Club enough. If Knight cannot get/put more money into the Club, he is passed his sell-by date! :nono:

I find this type of attitude hillarious. You won't cough up £40 (which in itself is fair enough by the way) but you expect DK to put in hundreds of thousands of his own cash.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here