Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Missed Penalties

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
Could any statto's out there tell me how many penalties have been missed in the three years Gus has been here?
Just curious to know...I have never known us to miss so many penalities in length of time.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
How many points have we dropped through missed penalties this season.

At least 4 off the top of my head.

Edit: Make that 5. Remembered Barnes' miss at Leicester.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
1 point v Leicester
2 points v Leeds
2 points v Bolton

= 5

any more?

Add in the injury time equaliser scored by Wolves, defeat to 1 shot Birmingham, and the numerous other missed chances when it would be easier to score and it really hasn't been our year so far.

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
To be honest, the only one that really mattered, was the one we scored at Palace last season. If we'd missed that, they'd have done the double over us for the first time since 1932, and that would have been unacceptable.

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
I remember at Brentford we it a penalty and we were already chanting how shit we were at taking penalties! Barnes stepped up and he missed! The chant continued...haven't heard it since! Mind you we aren't top of the league now like we were then! :lolol:

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Must be stats held somewhere on % success of pen takers. The egg chasers always have that info.
Leon Knight didn't miss very many as I recall whereas AB seems to have missed so many that everyone can recall many of them - is his success rate above 50% ?

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
1 point v Leicester
2 points v Leeds
2 points v Bolton

= 5

any more?

Add in the injury time equaliser scored by Wolves, defeat to 1 shot Birmingham, and the numerous other missed chances when it would be easier to score and it really hasn't been our year so far.

and you can take off our last minute winner v pboro, and our one shot at blackpool.

we got ridic lucky last season, about 5 last min winners, so it is just evening out.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
The wierd thing is that in the last two or three years we seem to have won a few penalty shoot-outs, but can't seem to score them during a game.

I've got to the point where I don't get particularly excited when we're awarded a penalty now.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I remember at Brentford we it a penalty and we were already chanting how shit we were at taking penalties! Barnes stepped up and he missed! The chant continued...haven't heard it since! Mind you we aren't top of the league now like we were then! :lolol:

Barnes didn't 'miss' that one. that was an outstanding save. Richard Lee had a blinder that night. The save at our end from Murray's header was sensational.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
and you can take off our last minute winner v pboro, and our one shot at blackpool.

we got ridic lucky last season, about 5 last min winners, so it is just evening out.

Not really - we should have scored a few vs Peterborough - one of the few games in the end that our missed chances didn't cost us.

And Blackpool was not a victory - the defence held out and got a point.

Last year I seem to remember it was pretty even over the season?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Why is a last minute winner "lucky" ?

I see it more of an indication of our fitness and determination to keep going till the last.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here