Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Missed out on a Premier striker ... to Palace.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Jesus.

1. I think Wilbrahim is a VERY loose definition of "Premier".
2. I can see deals being done much later this close season, especially for players, in contract, who really are "Premier". This is largely because of the manager merry-go-round we've just had and the fact that Europe's elite players are still all at the Euros. I doubt any top side knows it's full requirements yet and therefore who they are willing to make available for transfer or loan.
3. Where is the evidence we 'lost out'? "Palace have signed" is way different to "we have lost out on".

Chill Winstons.

I take your point, but remember that we lost out on Podolski too.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Seriously can we all stop wondering and reacting to what Palace have done or not done. Is that the limit of our ambition to compare ourselves to them? Let's trust Gus, trust TB and focus purely on Albion, personally I couldn't care less what that shower are doing or have done.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Tim, the thread is in response to a tweet from Alan Navarro, it was he who mentioned Palace.

Aquilaugh

Jan 9, 2011
Seriously can we all stop wondering and reacting to what Palace have done or not done. Is that the limit of our ambition to compare ourselves to them? Let's trust Gus, trust TB and focus purely on Albion, personally I couldn't care less what that shower are doing or have done.

Well it's taken you long enough to get into the same league as us, so why not, oh I forgot Albion are a MASSIVE club now.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
I hope we weren't in for him. A big donkey who has probably only ever scored a couple of goals above league 1 level. I'd put him alongside Billy Paynter ability wise.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
A good solid addition to the squad .

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
A good solid addition to the squad .

a complete failure at premiership level, looks at 2 clubs.

In one he sees much competition in getting a game and a club who finished 10th, gearing up for a push to the league he has just failed in.

at the other he sees, limited competition and a crumbling club going backwards, with little chance of returning to the league he just failed in and therefore game time.

a good solid addition to a championship relegation battle who may well one day be the star of their own league 1 assault to win back the status quo

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here