Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Missed out on a Premier striker ... to Palace.

Jan 12, 2012
On a more serious note, 3 players have chosen Palace over Brighton in the last year.Could it be a case of you've got nice curtains,but f**k all in the larder ?

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
On a more serious note, 3 players have chosen Palace over Brighton in the last year.Could it be a case of you've got nice curtains,but f**k all in the larder ?

Obvious,Better pitch,better ground,bigger crowds,higher finish previous season,better place to live...........to name a few reasons.Oh hang on a minute..........

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Are you honestly going to be confident going into next season with these striking options? :D

Glenn Murray - 2011/12 - 38 apps - 6 goals
Jermaine Easter - 2011/12 - 33 apps - 5 goals
Sean Scannell - 2011/12 - 37 apps - 4 goals
Aaron Wilbraham - 2011/12 - 11 apps - 1 goal

You get what you pay for, I suppose.

With Murray, Easter and Scannell (who is actually a winger) last season we finished in midtable. I would not be confident about finishing above midtable with those strikers alone.

Thankfully, we're not going into next season with those players, as you well know. You failed to include Wilfried Zaha, who scored 8 goals and got 5 assists from the wing, and Darren Ambrose who get 10 goals and 9 assists from the other wing. Wilfried I'm sure will score more goals next season as he is going to be played as a striker according to Dougie - he has played there 4 times so far and scored in every game.

Of course unlike Brighton, Palace aren't content with simply keeping what we've got, we want to improve. Which is why we've signed Wilbraham as cover for Murray as he will be on low wages, and it's why we're currently trying to sign Sam Baldock from West Ham.

----Murray------Zaha----
Ambrose--Baldock--Williams

A front five that would be more than capable of achieving a finish in and around the playoffs, I'm sure you'll agree :)

With Murray, Easter and Scannell (who is actually a winger) last season we finished in midtable. I would not be confident about finishing above midtable with those strikers alone.

Thankfully, we're not going into next season with those players, as you well know. You failed to include Wilfried Zaha, who scored 8 goals and got 5 assists from the wing, and Darren Ambrose who get 10 goals and 9 assists from the other wing. Wilfried I'm sure will score more goals next season as he is going to be played as a striker according to Dougie - he has played there 4 times so far and scored in every game.

Of course unlike Brighton, Palace aren't content with simply keeping what we've got, we want to improve. Which is why we've signed Wilbraham as cover for Murray as he will be on low wages, and it's why we're currently trying to sign Sam Baldock from West Ham.

----Murray------Zaha----
Ambrose--Baldock--Williams

A front five that would be more than capable of achieving a finish in and around the playoffs, I'm sure you'll agree :)

Since when has 17th been mid f***ing table? 17th is 17th, near the bottom.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
No, i think its a case of Cpfc2010 have set a larger wage cap. 7k.

£7k? Sorry to burst your imaginary Palace bubble, but that's just untrue. Clyne was offered more than £7k per week to re-sign, and Ambrose currently earns more than that.

You think CMS would have signed for you for LESS than £7k? You think Joel Ward would have chosen us over Ipswich and Leeds for less than £7k? I really wish we were able to be so attractive to players while not competing financially, but we just aren't. As it stands, we are able to sign players despite offering slightly less money than our competitors - but £7k is taking the piss.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here