Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Minutes Silence...poor observation

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Was disappointing, sort of understand Spurs ruining the first 10 seconds or so but there were a few crys of Seagulls from the west

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
A few idiots tried to start a few chants but were quickly told to shut up, was a shame everyone wasn't pitch side to observe it though

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Trouble was the PA was not working so no-one really understood when it started.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
That's because anyone who knows their history is saving themselves for next week :angel:

DanielT

I was in/on the concourse when it was on, and to be fair, the screens didn't announce it, nor was any mention made by anyone, at least where we were by the G block bar. I was a bit gutted to have missed it and hope we repeat the minute's silence next week

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
People were singing in the North concourse and the away concourse - they didn't realise it was on. No biggy.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
My Mother passed away recently,would she be happy? no,would she understand,yes.so be it-god bless you mum...Falmer is here & i am ok.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The Spudz fans were singing all the way through the minutes silence. After just losing my father, I was quite annoyed.

Condolences on your loss, but that's unfair on the Spurs fans. The ones in their seats observed the silence when they twigged it was happening. And the ones on the concourse almost certainly never even realised there was one. After about ten seconds in, the silence was only punctuated by the odd kid shouting 'Seagulls!', not understanding what was occurring. But by and large the silence was decently observed.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
They should have announced it on the screens in the concourses. Lesson for future minutes silence.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
They should have announced it on the screens in the concourses. Lesson for future minutes silence.

Agreed - the Spurs noise was from the concourse- they had no way of knowing it was on. Traditionally, mins silence are held immediately prior to kick off, so majorty were still enjoying the Amex behind the stand. Those Spurs in the stand behaved impecably and were a credit those behind would have been if they had known.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

You mean they did not? most definitely THIS then.

Still ramp up event's are here to help iron out such problems i suppose.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Agreed - the Spurs noise was from the concourse- they had no way of knowing it was on. Traditionally, mins silence are held immediately prior to kick off, so majorty were still enjoying the Amex behind the stand. Those Spurs in the stand behaved impecably and were a credit those behind would have been if they had known.

Was their clapping whilst singing silent then, the back right were definately singing and clapping for the first 10 seconds.

It was very clear from the pa that the minutes silence was starting from where I was in the North. But maybe the pa isn't as good elsewhere.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
You need it to be started by the blowing of the ref's whistle, just like every minutes silence I've ever experienced!

bazbha

Mar 18, 2011
Hailsham
The PA was terrible. I don't like to be too complimentary about the Spurs fans but I was in the WSU near the South Stand & they were very respectful once they realised.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here