Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Minutes Silence...poor observation

Mohammed Al Fayed

Jul 30, 2011
London
I was in/on the concourse when it was on, and to be fair, the screens didn't announce it, nor was any mention made by anyone, at least where we were by the G block bar. I was a bit gutted to have missed it and hope we repeat the minute's silence next week
Whilst the minutes silence was a brilliant, and fitting tribute, to repeat next week would put you in the brackets of the Scousers.....who are due to hold a minutes silence for Amy Winehouse on the first day of the season.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Whilst the minutes silence was a brilliant, and fitting tribute, to repeat next week would put you in the brackets of the Scousers.....who are due to hold a minutes silence for Amy Winehouse on the first day of the season.

Unlike Bolton Wanderers who strongly object to the lyrics of the late Amy Winehouse: 'They tried to make me go to Reebok I said no, no, no...'

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
Where I was it was not obvious that the minutes silence had started, due to the Norman Collier qualities of the PA. Once all those inside had realised and shut up, all the noise was from the concourses. Well, the Albion do not have much experience of managing indoor concourses - none at Withdean and little more than corridors at the Goldstone. Should be standard practice for a minutes silence - and stop the turnstiles.

Jameson

I was in the WSL behind the away dugout and it was bleeding obvious that it was a minutes silence but the twats behind us talked and joked all the way through it and then looked puzzled when I asked them to show some respect. These were the same people who screamed in annoyance every time the ball was passed back and were probably the same people on my train who asked how to get from Falmer station to the stadium. I do hope people wise up or let their seats go to people who are actually Brighton fans and more to the point, football fans. Very disappointing.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Agreed - the Spurs noise was from the concourse- they had no way of knowing it was on. Traditionally, mins silence are held immediately prior to kick off, so majorty were still enjoying the Amex behind the stand. Those Spurs in the stand behaved impecably and were a credit those behind would have been if they had known.
Exactly right. It was hardly a 'pin drop' silence but as nobody really knew when it started or ended (certainly not the people on the concourse) and people were still milling around it was a good as could be expected. Shame, but there you go.

thoreveraviking

Jul 29, 2011
Republic of Yorkshire
I was in the WSL behind the away dugout and it was bleeding obvious that it was a minutes silence but the twats behind us talked and joked all the way through it and then looked puzzled when I asked them to show some respect. These were the same people who screamed in annoyance every time the ball was passed back and were probably the same people on my train who asked how to get from Falmer station to the stadium. I do hope people wise up or let their seats go to people who are actually Brighton fans and more to the point, football fans. Very disappointing.

Jameson , you will always get that in a new stadium with a new set of fans, even after 4 years we still get it......let it just float over you fella. They will soon decide to stay as permanent fans or float off the bandwagon as soon as things aren't so bright.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here