Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mince pie recommendations

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
If you're exilied in Australia I recommend you go to your local Baker's Delight.
It's $8.00 for a box of 6 may sound pricey but I can guarrantee that they wont make it to xmas, best I've ever tasted. :drool:

bognorandy

Aug 5, 2008
Bognor Regis
I have to say whilst i'm biased as I work for them Lilds have best mince pies. 12 for £1.49 and luxury ones 6 for £1.49. got through quite a lot of boxes already!! Tescos mince pies are poor.

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
Homemade or fresh from a bakery for me every time.

Strangely however, no one has mentioned the obligatory accompanyment to a mince pie - mousetrap cheddar cheese (or "tasty" chesse as they insist on calling it here).
I think it's a Yorkshire derived thing, however I got from my old man who's in his 70's now, Brighton & Hove born and bred, and never lived North of Ipswich....

Andy of Didim

Didim Seagull
Mar 29, 2010
Altinkum Turkey
ooooooooooooooooooooh Andy... what ingredients do you use here? Desperate to get hold of mince pies for Chrimbo

Will have a word with the wife i dont know whats in them other than a lot of Brandy as i had to bring one back from Duty free also like all good homemade recipes it will be a family secret will try and sort you out when we meet up we will be over next Sunday (will be in touch)

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
:thumbsup:
If you're exilied in Australia I recommend you go to your local Baker's Delight.
It's $8.00 for a box of 6 may sound pricey but I can guarrantee that they wont make it to xmas, best I've ever tasted. :drool:

thanks for the tip, don't know about you but I find it hard to eat too many when it's not cold?

Andy of Didim

Didim Seagull
Mar 29, 2010
Altinkum Turkey
Can i just say how great to see Mince pies at the top of the forum threads and giving our Gus a rest from the same old stories

Wheres the new 20 goal striker
Gary Harts to old
Ashley Barnes is pants
Why cant we score a penalty
Will they sell Mince Pies at the AMEX next year ??

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here