Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mince pie recommendations

...or otherwise. I invested in my first mince pies of the season yesterday, Tesco 'deep filled mince pies' at £1 for 6. The only thing they were deep filled with was air; about 15mm of filling at the bottom and then a good 20mm of space. Definite thumbs down from me.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Co-op all butter mince pies, been munching them since the end of August! yummy in my tummy :thumbsup:

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
...or otherwise. I invested in my first mince pies of the season yesterday, Tesco 'deep filled mince pies' at £1 for 6. The only thing they were deep filled with was air; about 15mm of filling at the bottom and then a good 20mm of space. Definite thumbs down from me.

Were these the 'Finest' range? I bought some the other day from my local tesco express for the same price because they were half price. I thought they were ok but im a mince pie novice!

Were these the 'Finest' range? I bought some the other day from my local tesco express for the same price because they were half price. I thought they were ok but im a mince pie novice!

No, they had sold out of the 'finest' ones which were on offer. These ostensibly had some money off I think but I'm not sure I believe them!

edit: it was these bastards. Steer well clear. tesco_mince_pies.jpg

Last edited:

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Avoid asda tru mince pies, wheat and gluten free so the "pastry" tastes like soggy cardboard :sick:

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
My wife's homemade mince pies....excellent....lots of cooking brandy added to the mincemeat before cooking.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Lazy, and Marks and Spencers are 5 mins away from me...its Marks pies for me....
In fact, my entire xmas food will be Marks...
The barbarians here eat Carp for xmas

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
ooooooooooooooooooooh Andy... what ingredients do you use here? Desperate to get hold of mince pies for Chrimbo

scotjem

Oct 25, 2003
Glasgow
Had a very tasty one on Newcastle station on the way back from Hartlepool.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Love em,got through about 10 boxes so far,all different makes.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Mince pie recommendation? Sure. Don't eat them. They are disgusting.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Lazy, and Marks and Spencers are 5 mins away from me...its Marks pies for me....
In fact, my entire xmas food will be Marks...
The barbarians here eat Carp for xmas

I have some Slovak friends and we have a pre-Christmas dinner with them of Carp - bloody awful muddy tasting stuff but the company is peerless. You're right about Marks' mince pies though

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here