Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

MINCE pie consumption thread

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
How many of the fine seasonal favourites have YOU consumed so far? I reckon I'm up to about TEN already: at this rate I could enter the 25-30 range by Boxing Day. I bloody LOVE 'em.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
What TOPPINGS did you have?
Only one topping, and that topping is SINGLE CREAM.

I may diversify over the coming weeks. May go with the NAKED pie, the pie with custard and maybe some with BRANDY butter or brandy sauce on the actual day itself.

What about you MoH? What TOPPING have you indulged in?

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
Only three so far, but I'll be sure to make up for lost time.

nail-Z

Jul 10, 2003
North Somerset
oooh. I'm getting proper hungry now.

I haven't indulged yet, so my 2009 count is zero, but I do like a mince pie. Nothing more than a dusting of icing sugar for me though.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
What about you MoH? What TOPPING have you indulged in?
Two for me: brandy butter - from Waitrose cos I'm a self-indulgent ponceFACE like that - and custard.

However I did not have both TOPPINGS at the same time. I wish to make that clear.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
How many of the fine seasonal favourites have YOU consumed so far? I reckon I'm up to about TEN already: at this rate I could enter the 25-30 range by Boxing Day. I bloody LOVE 'em.

Did my post on the Mendoza "look at all the places I have been to" thread inspire you Colin?

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
I actually fine them quite RANK, which is annoying as everyone around me seems to love them and I feel like I'm missing out!

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
2 last week at work, a further 4 on Sat. Likely to go a lot higher!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I haven't had any yet but I like them NAKED

Shop bought or home made?

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Had 4 at the Christmas party on Satdi.

Got my main party this weekend, so I reckon I could well in the high teens by the end of the festive season, maybe even into the 20's! *fatbastard*

At this rate, I may start stalking 80's footballers...

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
done three boxes so far but they were from the market and nasty. if they are shop bought they need to be tesco finest AT LEAST.

they are like crackers, you get what you pay for.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Two for me: brandy butter - from Waitrose cos I'm a self-indulgent ponceFACE like that - and custard.

However I did not have both TOPPINGS at the same time. I wish to make that clear.

Was it HOT or COLD custard? I quite like a COLD mince pie with HOT custard or a HOT mince pie with COLD custard

I reckon I've consumed at least 15 mince pies so far, we had a mince pie and mulled wine event at work a couple of weeks ago which is where I did the majority of my indulgence.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here