Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Millwall are NOT interested in John Sullivan

HG201

Proud Ruffian
Jul 16, 2008
Birmingham
If they are not intersted then why was the main headline on the official millwall website saying that he WILL become a millwall player on July 1st with a picture of John Sullivan wearing a millwall keepers shirt at the new den?
Sounds like a strange thing to do for someone you are not interested in does'nt it?:shrug:

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
No, I used the phrase primary and secondary - there's no reason for you to understand them, they're phrases used by journalists.

In this case, Kenny Jackett would be a primary source. Someone quoting KJ would be a secondary source. The point is that on the 7 May you said that your source was Jackett and you now admit that he wasn't your source.

Aha.. I'm glad i'm not the only one who thought this too.

You haven't lied, you've just deceived..

mickywilkins

Oct 8, 2008
Millwalls Chief Scout, Stuart Murdock was always standing next to the press box making notes on Sullivan and drawing diagrams! We discussed Sullivan and he was aware of his contract expiring.

Murdock and Sullivan both from Sompting - not that has anything to do with it or wanting lifts!

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
sullivan.jpg

It makes me sick to see him in a Millwall shirt. What a waste.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
To be fair, he was relying on a fairly well placed source. People let you down, it happens. It's embarrasing, but it's the only the internet! All you can do is laugh it off, which he did, so much respect to him.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Did I say anything about primary and secondary? No.

I asked a reporter who moments later asked Jackett. Don't see what is particularly untrustworthy about that.

I guess manager's like to sometimes keep their cards close to their chest regarding players before they sign so as to not alert others.

*Breaking News*

Managers dont ALWAYS tell their transfer targets to the media.

:wozza:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
You can't rely on reporters.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here