Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Milk

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Really? Cow's milk is baby cows not humans. I'll not derail the thread with a rant but if your genuinely interested in what is involved you could start here and there are many other resources to look at too.
Can you actually answer the question? I’m curious. I do have to warn you, if you go full PETA I’ll just disregard your contribution

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Milk is vile. Why are we the only species that drinks another's milk? It's wrong

reckon because we're the only species with the ability to extract another's milk. pets we give cow's milk to seem happy with it too.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
To be honest, I’d been far too lazy to isolate the issue that was giving me so much acid reflux. I stopped eating red meat but that didn’t work. Tried decafe coffee and that failed. I’d gone for stints without alcohol and it seemed to make no difference so I’d given up. I then just got a taste for black americanos and stopped drinking loads of milky tea. That seems to have done the trick.
I should have been forthcoming with info.

I have drunk copious amounts of milk, plus with cereal every morning etc etc all my life, but acid reflux has in the last year become a major issue. I started with 20 mg Omeprazole which solved most issues. Then recently had to increase that to 40 g to combat acid reflux. I have had the various tests done over the last few months to find the problem but to no avail.

A few weeks ago I spent 10 days in the Loire valley in a campervan and I had hardly any milk or processed cheese. My acid reflux has significantly reduced. to the extent that i managed without taking Omeprazole. I have continued with taking redced amounts of milk and only black coffee with good results. I spoilt myself with cheese on toast a few nights ago....up all night with acid reflux. Hmmmmm.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Just how terrified are you of Accrington Stanley?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here