Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Milk

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
So, I get through four 2l bottles of semi skimmed milk per week. I drink it mostly straight. My girlfriend finds it very weird - and says it’s the behaviour of a movie villain.

IMG_3363.gif

Poskettspurpose

Jun 18, 2021
I used to love it, however a recent high cholesterol test have forced me to make a few lifestyle changes one of which is not drinking pints of milk.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I used to love it, however a recent high cholesterol test have forced me to make a few lifestyle changes one of which is not drinking pints of milk.
Interesting you bring this up, as my nutritionist told me it actually LOWERS cholesterol.

Grizz

NSC Patron
Jul 5, 2003
Switched to lactose free semi-skimmed a few years back. Working shifts and drinking a lot of tea at work my stomach really started to rebel, especially on early shifts. Switched to lactose free and been fine every since.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

I’ve gone right off milk.

Having kicked my Latte habit, I no longer have to take Omeprazole.

i switched to lactose free milk, quit the omeprazole, gaviscon. Very very few burps or indigestion since!

I take omeprazole for Barretts would milk help? Haven't taken pure milk since school.

I’ll try the lactose free. Thanks for the tip. 👍🏻

in fact it’s got so i prefer the flavour as well.
Hated taking omeprazol, horrid stuff

Well in my case, I’ve discovered that milk (or probably lactose) was the reason I needed to take Omeprazole. Hopefully I won’t get Barrett’s in the future. Hope your condition improves.

Switched to lactose free semi-skimmed a few years back. Working shifts and drinking a lot of tea at work my stomach really started to rebel, especially on early shifts. Switched to lactose free and been fine every since.
Can we cut out all the nutrition / allergy nonsense.

this is supposed to be a thread about whether or not the OP is a WEIRDO.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
That's very interesting.
To be honest, I’d been far too lazy to isolate the issue that was giving me so much acid reflux. I stopped eating red meat but that didn’t work. Tried decafe coffee and that failed. I’d gone for stints without alcohol and it seemed to make no difference so I’d given up. I then just got a taste for black americanos and stopped drinking loads of milky tea. That seems to have done the trick.

Reactions: cjd

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here