Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mike Ward

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
In truth though, the phone in is ALWAYS slagged off. Harty got shit and now Ward is getting shit. I don't understand why people get so wound up about it. It's just a twee provincial radio programme about a small lower league club, it's never going to be of the quality of a top BBC or Sky programme. Sometimes it's interesting sometimes it's shit :shrug:

You have a point.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
It's not even about the fact that he is not a real fan. I accept that he is. But he is not a long serving fan which this role requires and equally he is bloody boring. No jokes just the same old stuff, and frankly I kind of feel that he is just going through the motions.
I don't listen to the phone in so I don't know if he's boring or not, but I do think it's a bit unfair to say he's not 'long serving' enough. He's been a fan for, what, eight, nine years? Jeez they let you operate on someone's BRAIN with less training than that, I think he's more than adequately qualified to present a third-rate radio programme. If he'd only been a fan for eight or nine months I'd be more inclined to agree with you.

shaun_rc

Feb 24, 2008
Brighton
Actually don't have a problem with Mike Ward being a recent fan - when I've lived other places (e.g. Bradford) I've watched the local team along with the Albion away games in the area.

I'm less happy with his comments about Sussex by the Sea (i.e. we should get rid of it) and other things deep in the tradition of the club. Support us, fine, you're very welcome, but I'd rather you didn't try to change everything, thanks.

When I watched some Bradford games (before moving back) I didn't start saying things like "hating Leeds is stupid" (cos it isn't, obviously) or "Bantams? what kind of nickname is that?"

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Actually don't have a problem with Mike Ward being a recent fan - when I've lived other places (e.g. Bradford) I've watched the local team along with the Albion away games in the area.

I'm less happy with his comments about Sussex by the Sea (i.e. we should get rid of it) and other things deep in the tradition of the club. Support us, fine, you're very welcome, but I'd rather you didn't try to change everything, thanks.

When I watched some Bradford games (before moving back) I didn't start saying things like "hating Leeds is stupid" (cos it isn't, obviously) or "Bantams? what kind of nickname is that?"
If you lived in Bradford I hope you went to see the mighty Green Machine at Horsfall and not the Manningham Mugs at Valley Parade!

Actually I didn't know Ward had called for GOSBTS to be dropped; that's the sign of a true Brighton fan - how you feel about the anthem of the Seagull Nation. Yes I know it's nearly 100 years old, played by a brass band and with lyrics that are largely semi-militaristic twaddle, but for true Brighton fans it makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up and brings a lump to the throat. Anybody who suggests it should be dropped is NOT a true Albion fan, regardless of how long they've lived here or how long they've supported us. Burn him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here