Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mike Ward

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse Mike Ward is doing the phone in tonight. Fucks sake is he the most boring man on radio?

I wish he would f*** off back to Arsenal, and let a true Brighton fan do the phone in full time.

Jerryatric

Jul 18, 2003
Worthing
He is appalling. He is an opportunist who has climbed on a bandwagon.

I have not forgiven him for conning me into buying Gullhanger.

I shall not be buying a Match Programme until he stops contributing.

Stick to what you do best: watching Eastenders and Emmerdale.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Not from Sussex and only supported us for 8/9 years so will never have the passion or feeling for the club that the rest of us do.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
He is a disgrace, total non-entity of the highest order.

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
He actually sounded like he enjoyed the 7-1 defeat at times.. Comes across as a slimey snake in the grass aswell.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Just winds me up. Says stuff like a plastic fan. Just isn't the real deal.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Boring twat should revert back to Arsenal. "Ooooh look at me. I got fed up with the money business and decided to support a shit team that was doing well". I bet he regrets that. Do us all a favour and f*** off back to North London.

Acutally, What is he? A comedian? His programme columns were about as funny as a 7-1 defeat in the league.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
It was crap. The main problem for me is that Mike Ward NEVER has and NEVER will have credibility as an Albion fan. Harty was a legend with his past history and knew his stuff. Mike Ward did not have a clue when Albion last let in 7 or more. Thats because he joined the ship about 5 years ago when we were doing well. This lack of credibility means he should not be the host of the radio show. Stick to the TV reviews in the Daily Mail.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse Mike Ward is doing the phone in tonight. Fucks sake is he the most boring man on radio?

I wish he would f*** off back to Arsenal, and let a true Brighton fan do the phone in full time.

You don't like Mike Ward do you?
I guessed by the 37 other threads where you've said it :jester:

Although I often agree with your posts, I think threads like this are pretty poor. You Know that it is NSC law to dislike MW because he dared to go & watch Brighton when he lived in Brighton, so you are gauranteed a good few responses agreeing with you.
Imo the phone in is no better or worse whether its Harty, Mike Ward or Comedy Steve, same pregnant pauses, Jingles cutting in the middle of conversations & same callers.
and as they say. nobody is forced to listen.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I agree we need as many fans as we can but the radio show host needs someone who knows their Albion history and is a bonafide long term fan imo, like, er , Ian Hart. How can you host a show about a football club when you know very little about their past ?.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
I agree we need as many fans as we can but the radio show host needs someone who knows their Albion history and is a bonafide long term fan imo, like, er , Ian Hart. How can you host a show about a football club when you know very little about their past ?.

It would be nice & yes we were lucky to have Harty but I don't think it's necessary to know too much about the albion, you are usually only commenting on the current match/season. Surely the stipulation should be that you can broadcast, above everything else.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Not from Sussex and only supported us for 8/9 years so will never have the passion or feeling for the club that the rest of us do.

Nothing wrong with what he did there, I did the same when I moved down here from London. The Albion are going to need a few incoming converts if we are to fill Falmer in a few seasons time. You can criticise his radio persona and writing style but you shouldn't be knocking him for supporting his local team.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I will never have any time for that idiot Ward since that disgusting article he wrote in our programme saying how puerile our rivalry with Palace was and that we were wasting our time. The bloke has no clue about our history or tradition and is a leech on this clubs resources.

He has made a living out of his shallow leave the big club for the minnow story and the worst thing is I bought that terrible book of his. A peasants fever pitch if ever there was one.

Stick to crap tv in that crap rag and please leave us alone.

The only good thing I ever encountered about ward was when Russell Brand slaughtered him on his podcast a few years back for being a third rate hack.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Christ what a load of Albion snobs.
So what if he's not a bobble-hatted lifelong fan of the club, is that some kind of heinous CRIME now ? He's been watching the Albion for most (if not all ?) of our time at Withdean, has paid for his season ticket like the rest of us, but just happens to have a job in the media whereby he is seen by SCR as a semi-competant broadcaster, which has led to him being involved in the phone-in. You might not like his book or his column, but the OTT spite and bile directed at the bloke on here seems to be born primarily out of the fact that he didn't grow up supporting the club. So what. Big deal. get over yerselves. I bet there's loads of regulars at Withdean who could say the same. And I notice nobody on here feels strongly enough to actually go on the phone-in and say what you think of him.

Yes I'd still prefer Harty doing the phone-in as well, but he's had enough, so its not like Ward elbowed him aside to grab the job is it. Give the guy a break, he's not THAT bad. All this "I'm a bigger fan of the Albion than you" knobsize comparisons are getting tiresome. Petty and pointless.

D

Deleted User X18H

The thing that Mike did to cheer me up was to advise us all, that at least Eastbourne Borough won, cue commentary 'Grays 1 Eastbourne 0 final score.

Then he called Russell Slade , Russell Grant, although he may have a point:lol:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Christ what a load of Albion snobs.
So what if he's not a bobble-hatted lifelong fan of the club, is that some kind of heinous CRIME now ? He's been watching the Albion for most (if not all ?) of our time at Withdean, has paid for his season ticket like the rest of us, but just happens to have a job in the media whereby he is seen by SCR as a semi-competant broadcaster, which has led to him being involved in the phone-in. You might not like his book or his column, but the OTT spite and bile directed at the bloke on here seems to be born primarily out of the fact that he didn't grow up supporting the club. So what. Big deal. get over yerselves. I bet there's loads of regulars at Withdean who could say the same. And I notice nobody on here feels strongly enough to actually go on the phone-in and say what you think of him.

Yes I'd still prefer Harty doing the phone-in as well, but he's had enough, so its not like Ward elbowed him aside to grab the job is it. Give the guy a break, he's not THAT bad. All this "I'm a bigger fan of the Albion than you" knobsize comparisons are getting tiresome. Petty and pointless.

We BOTH know who does have the bigger knob out of you and I though :love: . I still maintain that the cold November night air under the pier had more of an effect on me than you. :mad:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here