Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mike Ward Commentating

Harty said:
I wondered what Mrs Hart was doing on my computer!!!

It just goes to show that you can't please all of the people all of the time, as for Mike due to various circumstances he kindly stepped into the breach at the last minute, and I thought he did a good job.

As for the above post, its not my normal job its my hobby for which I am lucky enough to get paid, people know what I do 'full time' and its something I take a lot of pride in, just out of interest Great Cornholio what are your hobbies?

Not sure what my hobbies have got to do with anything.(Or should I say "My hobbies are not in question." (c) Mike Dickin 2003)

I wasn't "having a go", just stating my personal opinions and showing that I like the commentary style of a non Albion fan (Hawes) and don't like the style of an Albion fan (You), thereby showing that my dislike of Mike Ward's performance yesterday were based purely on what I heard - not his background. He may be very eloquent when compared to John Byrne but yesterday he detracted from my "enjoyment" of yesterday's commentary.

Don't take it personally - I'm sure my opinion counts for little. I said in my original post that you have done more for the club than most people on here. I just don't like you on the radio - the same as Marvin doesn't like The Office. It must be a family thing because my mum refuses to listen to you and turns the radio off as soon as the game finishes! :lol:

And in case you really are interested and weren't having a go, my boring hobbies apart from the obvious are computing, reading, studying for an OU degree, darts and watching TV.

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Is it more the case that my phone-in coincides with your Mum being locked up for the night?

Seriously I take on board what you say, the hobby thing highlighted the fact that the radio is something I do in my spare time, I never professed to be John Motson but to hear some people pulling my SCR input to pieces you'd think I was on a 'golden handcuffs' deal at the Beeb. It does take all sorts to make up the Albion, not everybody liked Gulls Eye, Micky Adams or the Nobo kit, the thing about this thread was Mike once again being slated by faceless people with stupid screen names.

If people feel that strongly about certain things they should have the front put their real name to the post.

Like I'm doing now; IAN HART

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
Will and Grace is a crock of shit

TOM EDWARDS
Block G

northstandnorth

THE GOLDSTONE
Oct 13, 2003
A272 at 85 mph
aint got to many problems with hart(for a f***ing tory),he has been an albion fan almost as long as me,we have many mutual aquaintances in the worthing fanbase.but newbreeds and team changers can never be taken seriously.you are with your team for life.you never ever give up on them.

marvin

Jul 5, 2003
The corner quietly rusting
The Great Cornholio said:
Marvin doesn't like The Office. It must be a family thing because my mum refuses to listen to you and turns the radio off as soon as the game finishes! :lol:

Oi you leave me out of this, you dug the hole with your own shovel I am not lending you my ladder to get out of it!

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
"Cellophane, Mr Cellophane, you can see right through me, walk right by me, and never know I'm there..." I hear Curly Watts is doing you in the West End in the not too distant future Mr C.

As for Marvin not liking The Office, what a misguided fool.

Last edited:

marvin

Jul 5, 2003
Cheeky Monkey said:

As for Marvin not liking The Office, what a misguided fool.

Nothing misguided about it, I have long since stop wondering why I am the only sane person in this asylum.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I suppose it's difficult to comprehend why someone with such an excellent signature ('Hitchhikers Guide' would be my guess, although have to confess to never having watched it) would be immune to the genius of the aforementioned Office.

Harty said:
Is it more the case that my phone-in coincides with your Mum being locked up for the night?

Seriously I take on board what you say, the hobby thing highlighted the fact that the radio is something I do in my spare time, I never professed to be John Motson but to hear some people pulling my SCR input to pieces you'd think I was on a 'golden handcuffs' deal at the Beeb. It does take all sorts to make up the Albion, not everybody liked Gulls Eye, Micky Adams or the Nobo kit, the thing about this thread was Mike once again being slated by faceless people with stupid screen names.

If people feel that strongly about certain things they should have the front put their real name to the post.

Like I'm doing now; IAN HART

My name is not exactly secret - I've used my webspace for many things on here. I'm amazed that someone who runs a radio phone in and participates on a chat board like this can be so touchy about criticism. Would you rather we be sycophantic and pledge our undying love to you? I agree that some of the comments are offensive or down right wrong. But you're happy to let a bigotted wind up merchant such as James (FG) spout his drivel from time to time so surely you can't be surprised by some of the idiots we get on here.

I don't much care for your or Mike Ward's work on the radio station. But I enjoy a lot of the coverage as well and am grateful for that. And other people do like your work. All I've done on this thread is state my point of view with full explanations and reasoning. I do not expect everyone else to agree with me or even pay attention. I don't put across my views as fact like a lot of people on here. I just post my views in the spirit of an Internet forum and make no apologies for it. We all have a common love for the Albion but have little else in common en mass.

David Bulwer

marvin

Jul 5, 2003
Of course it is HHGTTG, its a quote from marvin. (as is the thing under my user name. Its the answer to"what its like to be drunk")

I like weird and outlandish comedy, but this programme and that Gerbils person just is not funny, its very, very boring, as is that Gerbils Person.

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I am quite surprised at you Harty.

Recently you told someone the "f" word in a thread then apologised and now a somewhat petulant outburst.

You invite us to phone-in, you mention us on you show and now you are not happy that all opinions on this board met your expectations.

Not too sure what you really expect now.

northstandnorth

THE GOLDSTONE
Oct 13, 2003
A272 at 85 mph
harty does get a bit precious when he gets a bit of critisism,he is happy enough to use our n.s.c. names on his show-either to ridicule this forum or to drum up calls on a dull day,he even advertises for callers here.but if things are not to his liking he slams us.
typical tory.
his comment about us hiding behind forum names and him using his full name is irrelevant,as unlike most media"PERSONALITIES"he uses his real name rather than a stage name.

b.t.w.
my real (A.O.L. not proxy)e-mail address is available under my profile.he gives his name,i am contactable.

SeagullSimon

Jul 5, 2003
Kent Uni; Bexhill
mona said:
His programme column is unfunny and uninteresting. Can't we go back to contributions from genuine fans as we had in the programme in the dark days at Gillingham.

Agreed.

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
If I'm not making myself clear I apologise, what I was trying to get over earlier in the thread was that I felt the criticism of Mike Ward, who like I said stepped in at literally the 11th hour was a but unjustified.
NSC is a great forum, a large number of you give me a lot of help on SCR but sometimes it can get a bit personal and a bit out of order. Elsewhere on NSC I understand people are having a go at Paul Camillin's Zamora video/dvd, I know how much work he's put into that and this uneccesary stick is just another prime example.
The fact that I then entered into a bit of a verbal joust with Cornholio probably detracted from what I was trying to say.

But as for Northstandnorth, call my what you like but please never a Tory!!!!!

eiregull

Jul 15, 2003
ireland
I accept that to a point harty , but mike ward has made money writing a book about changing allegiances, and throughout that book has apologised endlessly about bandwagon jumping etc, etc, and how he doesnt measure up to other albion fans etc etc. So i am sure the are plenty of decent intelligent albion fans outthere (and even a few on this board :glare: ) who have seen the albion through thick and thin , who would gladly help you out in the eleventh hour? Just because of gullhanger he is no superfan, i say come back in 10/15 years when hes proved his loyalty.

As for that drivel in the programme, dont get me f**cking started :angry: :angry:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
You need to accept whatever you do in a public domain nearly always doesn't suit everyone therefore is open to criticism.

If you cannot take the criticism then don't put yourself in a public domain.

It's not a hard one to work out ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here