Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Middlesex V Sussex - Twenty20.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
I have not seen him bowl this yaer but the statistics seem to concue wuith you UB. What is of more concern is the amount of runs experienced players such as Colleymore, smith and RMJ have gone for. I would have hoped that their experience in this form of game would have taught them to vary their line, length and pace.

Why have we not persisted in utlising the overs of spin from RHB in tnadem with Yards and Beer/Smith/Raynor?

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Is Rayner injured, he hasnt even been getting into the 20/20 squads, surely slow bowling and big hitting are perfect for him in this format of the game?

We dont have any strike bowlers any more, just ones that can keep a line and length and keep the run rate down

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
I have not seen him bowl this yaer but the statistics seem to concue wuith you UB. What is of more concern is the amount of runs experienced players such as Colleymore, smith and RMJ have gone for. I would have hoped that their experience in this form of game would have taught them to vary their line, length and pace.

Why have we not persisted in utlising the overs of spin from RHB in tnadem with Yards and Beer/Smith/Raynor?

The problem with our more experienced seamers is they are not overly fast. Most of them bowl at 75 mph and rely on swing. In the shorter form this will get exposed, hence Lewry rarely plays for our one day side and England did not often pick Hoggard in the shorter form. If it is not swinging they tend to aim at off stump and against Hampshire this became easy pickings for the batsmen.

I would like to see Aga given a few 20/20 games. He has a bit of height about him and can bowl with a bit more pace than Lewry or Smith, but also he can swing it both ways. Also, although he has not kicked on enough, it maybe worth looking at Liddle on the basis he is fast.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
I see your points, anyone see the back page of the Argus today, Adams saying how we are NOT giving up yet, i think he knows that 6 wins out of 6 will get us there:thumbsup:

+ Its saying how there wernt even 100 people in the "emirates north stand" against Essex, im pretty sure there was more than 100!

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
+ Its saying how there wernt even 100 people in the "emirates north stand" against Essex, im pretty sure there was more than 100!

im not suprised with the cost it is to get in there

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
prior AND hodd :clap: :clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here