Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Middle East conflict

Skuller

Jun 3, 2017
And if a small state like Israel can intercept a supply chain like this, why can’t Russia similarly intercept the supply chain of mobile phones (mainly built in China)? Yes that phone, that one in your pocket right now…….

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
Nice!😊
I’ve celebrated the death and de balling of terrorists in the most targeted mass attack possible. We have had 8000 rockets fired at us this year by these scum. However Israel reacts certain people have a problem with it, I wonder why?
Any normal person with empathy, no matter which side they sit on, should not be celebrating civilian deaths. If this were a targeted attack, this would be brilliant. But this isn't. I would have said nothing if people weren't celebrating the killing of a child.

de la zouch

Jul 12, 2007
When I was a day trader, I was in and out of a number of very impressive high tech Israeli firms.

I’m no tin foil hatter, but I do know Israel has absolutely incredible tech. Which makes them not knowing about 7 October less than 100% believable. Pull this off but not stop that? Hmmmm

Any normal person with empathy, no matter which side they sit on, should not be celebrating civilian deaths. If this were a targeted attack, this would be brilliant. But this isn't. I would have said nothing if people weren't celebrating the killing of a child.
No verification of said childs death even from
Lebanese official channels. 500 terrorists have lost their sight and the chance to reproduce #result
Any normal person would concentrate on these facts

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
OF COURSE it's targeted. It targeted members of Hezbollah who had pagers!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Looks like dodgy batteries purchased from a Chinese website. Heads to roll next l guess
If you think this is fact, where’s your evidence?

If this is your idea of a joke, you’re a disgrace. Very high and mighty on the Huw Edwards thread, now laughing at a dead child.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Looks like dodgy batteries purchased from a Chinese website. Heads to roll next l guess
I doubt that. Nothing to do with batteries.

Reports are suggesting Mossad have planted explosives inside a batch of pagers, which they have then somehow sold on to Hezbollah. A mobile phone call has then activated all the explosives inside the devices in a synchronised attack.

Frankly, its evil genius.

[edit] Looks like I've probably been whooshed. Odd post.

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Nice!😊
I’ve celebrated the death and de balling of terrorists in the most targeted mass attack possible. We have had 8000 rockets fired at us this year by these scum. However Israel reacts certain people have a problem with it, I wonder why?
“Us”?

I’m Jewish and have a big fcuking problem with it.

I wonder why.

Escalated exchanges have been going on between Hezbollah and Israel since October (Israel carrying out 85% of the attacks).

The attack today is just a further widening of the war in Gaza which the majority of Israelis want stopped and Netanyahu out.

There is nothing to celebrate in any of this fubar in the Middle East on either side.

Last edited:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Yes it’s lawful warfare. 100 rockets fired this morning alone. That’s how war works, it’s shit. But 1000s of terrorists (recognised as such) now can’t see or can’t have kids or both.
IDF must be disappointed given their penchant for kids

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Israel don't really do targeted attacks do they, as we have seen in Gaza. They'll claim there was a specific target, but they really couldn't give a flying f*ck at a rolling donut about any collateral damage that results from their rockets, bombs and missiles.

The same with today. Detonating pagers, whilst hitting their Hezbollah targets, takes zero account of where they are. If kids die, then so be it. Netanyahu really couldn't give a toss, all bets are off now.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Looks like it was supply chain attack. Very risky you’d think because any X-rays or checks on devices would have probably shown up.

Professor Plum

Jul 27, 2024
Well it’s not, by any recognised definition
It absolutely is as it’s so indiscriminate. Some of the pagers are doubtless used by Hezbollah but from the reports so far, many were in the possession of innocent civilians, business people and children. Terrorism has many definitions but spreading fear and terror, and a lack of concern over innocent bystanders killed or injured, are key parts of most accepted definitions.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Justified, reckless, whatever. I don’t pretend to know the ins and outs. To me though, it’s a worrying tactic.
It’s a long term tactic and very effective. Previously, their commanders were taken out from their phone GPS. So they switched to pagers. Now they can’t use them.

The collateral damage to this is innocent bystanders but a terrorist operation has been shut down.

This is reckless and possibly murder of bystanders by the IDF. But they might have shut down an entire terrorism modus operandi.

All of this is why this cannot be binary or partisan.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
No verification of said childs death even from
Lebanese official channels. 500 terrorists have lost their sight and the chance to reproduce #result
Any normal person would concentrate on these facts
I’m sure Vladimir Putin thinks “normal people” should concentrate on the number of Ukrainian troops who’ve been killed rather than the number of orphanages / children’s hospitals he’s fired missiles at. Doesn’t mean we will.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
using terrorist tactics to take out terrorist makes you the same. seems Israel government and military just doesnt give a fig for anyone, including their own people's reputation.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here