Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Micky Adams threatens to walk out at Coventry

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
The Complete Badger said:
I can only presume you are joking on both counts, Mr Of Fun!

Coppell, you mean the man who has managed Crystal Palace four times, that same guy that got us RELEGATED? Surely you can't be saying he, with a huge budget by our standards, was a better manager than our very own modern-day messiah, Mr Adams? The man who returned pride to the name of Brighton and Hove Albion, enabled the younger fan (as I was at the time) to actually experience the joy of WINNING for the first time, the man who led us to our first silverware in 36 years. He is somehow WORSE than a scumbag like Coppout? I fail to see your LOGIC there, sir!

As for Peter Smith, well for comedy value he shone, but when it came to football, it didn't take Micky too long to work him out did it?!

:lol:
You misjudge me, Mr Badger.

I would say that Coppell is a better manager. He gave us back some pride and we almost pulled off one of the greatest escapes, having got 4 points from the first 15 games! I am forever grateful for Micky for setting the ball rolling on our climb back to the championship and he is part of the reason why we are still in existence, but I stand by my comments that Coppell is a better manager. I was bitterly disappointed to see both of them go :( One thing that ALMOST tips the balance in Micky's favour is the silverware and Bobby Z. It was a real privelege to watch him play.

Peter Smith was one of my favourite players of the Goldstone years. The gangly runs down the wing and the crazy hair - he even bagged player of the season, didn't he? Although I do think he left at the right time, at his peak. :lolol:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Barrel of Fun said:
. The gangly runs down the wing and the crazy hair - he even bagged player of the season, didn't he? :

That had more to do with how shit the rest of the team were rather than how good he was though

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Barrel of Fun said:
You misjudge me, Mr Badger.

I would say that Coppell is a better manager. He gave us back some pride and we almost pulled off one of the greatest escapes, having got 4 points from the first 15 games! I am forever grateful for Micky for setting the ball rolling on our climb back to the championship and he is part of the reason why we are still in existence, but I stand by my comments that Coppell is a better manager. I was bitterly disappointed to see both of them go :( One thing that ALMOST tips the balance in Micky's favour is the silverware and Bobby Z. It was a real privelege to watch him play.
Coppell is undoubtedly a better manager than Adams, but FOR US he is not in the same league.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Simster said:
Agreed, and for this reason my opinion of him will never reflect his achievements at this club. The way he touted himself for a bigger job (and got stroppy when Southampton overlooked him) still really grates with me. Then he walked out mid-contract to become merely 'Arry Basset's assistant at Leicester. Plus I don't think he ever really appreciated the fans here. And there is the sneaking suspicion that he got lucky with Zamora after Pinamonte went to Brentford instead.

Still, I know he worked hard and got the results whilst here, so he's still a "legend". I suppose.

If you watch the video of our Div 2 champ season, Mickey is sat at his kitchen table and says, to paraphrase, that when he first game to Brighton, he didn't appreciate how much the club meant to the fans, but that now he did, in spades.

It's a moving moment.

Mickey will always be a legend. So what if he has an ego. I don't much like Alex Ferguson, but he's a hell of a manager. It's about respect for getting the job done.

PG.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here