Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Micky Adams threatens to walk out at Coventry

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
What a surprise Adams think he's bigger than another club.

How many fans does their new ground hold..............A couple of thousand after you allow for Adams ego?!?!

rospants

off to ronan in the park!
Jul 11, 2005
brighton
i think cov fans will certainly regret it if micky does leave, they could end up getting mcgoo

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Withdean Wanderer said:
Adams would fight back against us though.

I remember in his last game (Stoke at Withdean) we were 1 down at half time, and some bloke behind me in the North Stand piped up 'two up front Micky!' (Zamora had been struggling up there on his own).

Naturally, Micky Adams went up to the advertising board in front of the bloke and said 'I bloody pick this team, not you, so shut up'.

:bowdown: :bowdown: (i'll ignore the fact that we lost the match and he duly f*cked off a couple of days later)

Brentford was the game on the Friday night. Remember going out on the piss afterwards, got the 4am train to London, then up to Manchester to see Beckham singlehandidly get us through to the 2002 World Cup Finals.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Simster said:
. Plus I don't think he ever really appreciated the fans here. .

I get the impression that he does now especially with his comments when he came down here to watch a game when the shit about Leicester at La Manga in Spain was flying around. Didn't he say he decided to come down to the game because he would be amongst friends and it was a break from the pressure at the time?

Last edited:

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Coventry fans are only venting their frustration of seeing season after season of very average football, under Adams I have to say they have hardly set the heather alight.

Big stadium that looks half empty normally with 9000 empty seats, there is a lot of frustration up there right now.

They are yet another example of a side that think they should be in the Premiership by rights that are now a very average mid to lower table CCC side going nowhere trying to justify their existance.

Rougvie said:
Coventry fans are only venting their frustration of seeing season after season of very average football, under Adams I have to say they have hardly set the heather alight.

Big stadium that looks half empty normally with 9000 empty seats, there is a lot of frustration up there right now.

They are yet another example of a side that think they should be in the Premiership by rights that are now a very average mid to lower table CCC side going nowhere trying to justify their existance.

That seems about it, another bunch of fans with ideas above their station.

Are they really among the top 6 payers in that league, so why are they getting so arsey? Their squad has midtable written all over it, so Adams is probably doing his best with those players.

And he's doing better than Peter Taylor :)

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
London Irish said:

Are they really among the top 6 payers in that league, so why are they getting so arsey? Their squad has midtable written all over it, so Adams is probably doing his best with those players.

And he's doing better than Peter Taylor :)

yes Cov fans certainly do have ideas above there station. Every season I have to hear them going on about how they are going up. Would love it if Adams walked out on them.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
coventrygull said:
yes Cov fans certainly do have ideas above there station. Every season I have to hear them going on about how they are going up. Would love it if Adams walked out on them.

Ditto. They all seem to rave about their supposedly 'world beating' team and harp on about their 1987 FA Cup win every opportunity they get when they are a blatantly a mediocre mid table team who fall apart whenever they are away from home. Cov fans are some of the worst in the country IMO!

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
seagully said:
Ditto. They all seem to rave about their supposedly 'world beating' team and harp on about their 1987 FA Cup win every opportunity they get when they are a blatantly a mediocre mid table team who fall apart whenever they are away from home. Cov fans are some of the worst in the country IMO!

:thumbsup:

I hate them more than Palace

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
London Irish said:

Yep agreed...

Isn't it to do with the fact that they had a CONSECUTIVE spell of about 30 years in the top flight, more than (at the time before relegation) Man Utd, Spurs, Liverpool, Chelsea etc.

In fact I think only Everton and the Arse have had longer.

Last edited:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Uncle Buck said:
Brentford was the game on the Friday night. Remember going out on the piss afterwards, got the 4am train to London, then up to Manchester to see Beckham singlehandidly get us through to the 2002 World Cup Finals.

Apologies, that was the one.

Oh happy days:)

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
Yep agreed...

Isn't it to do with the fact that they had a CONSECUTIVE spell of about 30 years in the top flight, more than (at the time before relegation) Man Utd, Spurs, Liverpool, Chelsea etc.

In fact I think only Everton and the Arse have had longer.

Spent mostly in the lower half of the table. 30 years in the top flight and only the 1 fa cup :lolol:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
seagully said:
I wouldn't go that far but their horrible pikey builder sponsored home kit does make me sick!

Not as sick as their SHIT BROWN coloured away kit did in the 80s :sick:

And I agree with the badger Adams was the best Albion manager since 1st time round Mullery IMO. :bowdown:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here