Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Micky Adams threatens to walk out at Coventry

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
"The Sky Blues fans chanted 'You don't know what you're doing' at Adams when Wayne Andrews replaced Leon McKenzie.

But Andrews came on after 83 minutes and grabbed the only goal of the game."

Legend

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
What the f*** is wrong with them?
They're 8th in the table after struggling at the wrong end last season, and it isn't like they've been big spenders at all. If I was a Coventry fan I would hardly be complaining.

Some people are just idiots

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
Basil Fawlty said:
The Coventry fans must of had egg on their faces, when he came off the bench and scored. If I was Micky Adams and they treated me like that, I would definitely threatened to leave the club.
You'd do anything to get out of having to work.:lolol: :lolol:

Last edited:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
chez said:
I remember singing that to Adams as well. In fact I remember blocks of fans in the south singing it to him. Brighton fans, a fickle bunch.

Adams would fight back against us though.

I remember in his last game (Stoke at Withdean) we were 1 down at half time, and some bloke behind me in the North Stand piped up 'two up front Micky!' (Zamora had been struggling up there on his own).

Naturally, Micky Adams went up to the advertising board in front of the bloke and said 'I bloody pick this team, not you, so shut up'.

:bowdown: :bowdown: (i'll ignore the fact that we lost the match and he duly f*cked off a couple of days later)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Well he walked out on Brighton and Leicester so it wouldn't be a shock. Maybe he's being lined up to go to the club he supports, Sheff Utd and this is all a smokescreen?

Last edited:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Bozza said:
Micky certainly always has had a bit of 'Leon-Knight-itis' about him, bless him.
Agreed, and for this reason my opinion of him will never reflect his achievements at this club. The way he touted himself for a bigger job (and got stroppy when Southampton overlooked him) still really grates with me. Then he walked out mid-contract to become merely 'Arry Basset's assistant at Leicester. Plus I don't think he ever really appreciated the fans here. And there is the sneaking suspicion that he got lucky with Zamora after Pinamonte went to Brentford instead.

Still, I know he worked hard and got the results whilst here, so he's still a "legend". I suppose.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here