Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Micky Adams - Pathetic Post Match Ramblings

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Micky

Also to go on about it was not HEREFORD UNITED it was LEEDS UNITED we were playing.

That just had me in disbelief. They are currently BELOW my minimum expectation for this season, and yet Adams seems to dismiss a defeat to them as if we were simply bound to lose to a team like that. Even if they were 10 points clear at the top, I wouldn't be happy with that attitude, but seeing as they are a team falling out of the play-off picture, and on a dreadful run of form, then I'm sorry MA, but that attitude absolutely fecking stinks!!!

ack

Apr 20, 2006
I'll merge this into many threads on here at the mo.
Living in the mids and having many work mates from around the area and MA's previous clubs ie Leics and Cov.
Their opinion is, He is way over his head, no tactical or team building prowess. Has played peeps out of pos at every club so far.
We are talking better sides than ours, and non of them want him back.
So time for DK to bite the bullet and feck him off before non of us give a shite what happens.
We lost a good coach for a muppet manager.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I feel bad wanting Adams out but he has had long enough now for some small crumbs of improvement to be shown. They have not. Also his comments worry me. I am not sure if he is just bluffing it or if he really believes what comes out of his mouth. He sounds a desperate Man but also strangely someone who does not appears to realise what a MASSIVE dissapointment this season is and is complacent. I can say in supporting the club since 1972 this season is without doubt the worst based on expectation, quality of squad and piss poor opposition.

If we end up 19th and win the piss pot it will be spun out as a glorious season against the odds.

Wilkins 7th looks like a miracle now and I was WRONG wanting him out. At least I was WRONG wanting him out for Adams. I was over the moon when Adams came back and renewed my 2 season tickets purely as Adams came back as I was not going to renew them.

I thought onwards and upwards. 7th last season was not good enough, Micky will get us into the play offs and even automatic promotion.

We are one of the relegation fodder now make no mistake, even a miracle run would only see us get to about 14th. The trouble is even if that happens and we win the piss pot I just cannot see Adams getting a team promoted as he now seems so satisfied with mediocrity, well mediocrity would be good , I mean SHITE. To be happy with yesterday and install Leeds United in his mind and probably the players minds as some sort of Worldbeaters when they were mid table having lost 10 games already this season was unforegivable. I would not be suprised if he went into the Leeds United changing room after the game and asked the players and management for some autograph's. This is how much he was in awe of them which was completely unjustfied.

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Maybe the worst post match interview I have ever heard from an Albion manager.

God knows what his team talks are like if the tone of that was anything to go by. He should be sending our players out believing that they are better, or at least as good as, the opposition. Maybe something like 'I know that they are Leeds, a giant club, and have recently bought in much better players than you, but do you your best and ,well, miracles can happen. Don't worry though; big hugs all round if things don't go well'

His ramblings after just about every game have been pathetic.

He demonstrates no tacticul acumen, no vision of what went wrong and consequently no idea how to put it right.

His intellect as a coach is very poor and I suspect many of the players have lost faith in him. As I've been saying all season long the Board have dug a big hole which is getting deeper by the week and soon it will take us to oblivion.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Maybe the worst post match interview I have ever heard from an Albion manager.

That's what I thought too. He seemed like a broken man, bereft of ideas, increasingly isolated and completely deflated. For his own peace of mind, he should really go soon.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
That just had me in disbelief. They are currently BELOW my minimum expectation for this season, and yet Adams seems to dismiss a defeat to them as if we were simply bound to lose to a team like that. Even if they were 10 points clear at the top, I wouldn't be happy with that attitude, but seeing as they are a team falling out of the play-off picture, and on a dreadful run of form, then I'm sorry MA, but that attitude absolutely fecking stinks!!!

similar to the one mcghee showed after the stoke debacle - something he still gets SLATED for on here, despite the fact that it was true and that game really did mean nothing, whereas yesterday was a defeat in a winable game that has pushed us even closer to trips to lovely places like morecambe next season

True. And when you consider that Leeds are NINTH (AFTER collecting 3 shiny new points away from home thankmicky very much), then it shows where Adams' aspirations lie;- somewhere in a division below this one, I'm afraid.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
It was the moaning about the players that Leeds had brought in that I thought was funny, given up taking the season seriously now

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
My biggest worry is that I'm taking my 7 year old son to his second match in a couple of weeks; a win and/or a couple of goals might keep his interest but displays like this are just going to make him look toward more exciting fare served up on MOTD; please, God - don't let it be Man Utd. Anyone but United . . . .

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
Also he did not give much hope for the paint pot saying " if " , " if " we can beat Luton Town over the 2 legs. Hardly inspirational as we are playing a poor division 4 side.

I agree they were cringeworthy, but I'm going to have say I don't agree with your point about Luton being a poor League four side. If they weren't deducted 30 points, they would be ninth right now. To get to 0 points in the middle of January, is a absolute great achievement. Tuesday will not be easy whatsoever, if you think and others think we'll turn up and thrash them off the park needs a reality check!

StoneGoldSober

Dec 31, 2008
StoneGoldSober

Micky

You have LOST THE PLOT me old son. The post match interview was frankly cringworthy and embarrassing. I think even the interviewer felt a little awkward.

It appears you have now set the bar SO LOW any excuse in the book will justify ANOTHER poor performance, ANOTHER abject defeat and 2 wins in 12 home games.

Adams thought we played well. He was happy with the performance. Happy with 2 wins in 12 at home ?, happy with 10 points from 12 home games when he started the season saying Wilkins 12 home wins last season WAS NOT GOOd ENOUGH :lolol:.

Also to go on about it was not HEREFORD UNITED it was LEEDS UNITED we were playing. I don't know if this escaped your attention but the might Leeds United were mid table before today having won 11 games ans lost 10 games. They are not romping ahead at the top of the league.

The " players need a cuddle " was the final straw. Clearly Adams is not the man for the job and he has so little ambition he it appears is satisfied with sleep walking to division 4 which I believe we are. Also not Whing and Virgo were NOT outstanding Micky and Fleetwood and Forster DID NOT cause the Leeds United back four " all sorts of problems in the first half ".

Also he did not give much hope for the paint pot saying " if " , " if " we can beat Luton Town over the 2 legs. Hardly inspirational as we are playing a poor division 4 side.

Today more than ever I am afraid to say Adams is NOT the man for the job. 24 games, 24 points , last 21 league games

Won 3
Drawn 7
Lost 11
Points 16

Micky should do the decent thing and walk now.

good post,i too was cringing,i felt almost sorry for him

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I agree they were cringeworthy, but I'm going to have say I don't agree with your point about Luton being a poor League four side. If they weren't deducted 30 points, they would be ninth right now. To get to 0 points in the middle of January, is a absolute great achievement. Tuesday will not be easy whatsoever, if you think and others think we'll turn up and thrash them off the park needs a reality check!

They would be 14th.

1 Wycombe 25 18 49
2 Brentford 24 14 43
3 Darlington 24 18 41
----------------------------------
4 Bradford 25 13 41
5 Bury 26 9 40
6 Dag & Red 24 22 39
7 Shrewsbury 25 18 39
----------------------------------
8 Rochdale 24 10 39
9 Exeter 24 4 37
10 Gillingham 24 0 37
11 Aldershot 23 -2 35
12 Lincoln City 25 2 32
13 Chesterfield 24 4 31
*14 Notts County 25 -9 28
15 Macclesfield 24 -18 28
16 Port Vale 24 -13 27
17 Morecambe 24 -10 25
18 Chester 25 -15 24
19 Rotherham 24 8 23
20 Accrington Stanley 24 -11 23
21 Barnet 25 -22 20
22 Grimsby 24 -22 17
----------------------------------------
23 Bournemouth 25 -11 7
*24 Luton 25 -7 0

My biggest worry is that I'm taking my 7 year old son to his second match in a couple of weeks; a win and/or a couple of goals might keep his interest but displays like this are just going to make him look toward more exciting fare served up on MOTD; please, God - don't let it be Man Utd. Anyone but United . . . .

Similar thing with my 15 year old lad and his mates. They've all been STH's for a few years enjoying the rollercoaster that is BHA.

However even they can see the drivel we are being served up each week and are unlikely to want to waste their time in future supporting us on a Saturday. I can see a whole young generation being driven away which would be catastrophic for our future.

Ex-Staffs Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Adelaide, SA
All this 'Adams doesn't care' and finds '2 wins in 12 home games acceptable' is people reading in what they want. He is trying to find positives in things that are hard to, but it doesn't mean he is happy. He will defend the players and the squad as best he can, to try and keep what morale is left, up.

If you think changing the manager will work, ask Swindon how well it worked, we have yet to see what will happen at Leeds. Spurs are hardly pulling up trees now, as are Newcastle. In fact can anybody show me a long term managerial switch this season that has drastically improved performances of a team long term. It usually has a short term improvement, but in the long term it usually still leaves the fundamental problems.

I actually think that whatever way the board had jumped at the end of last season we would be struggling this year. Let MA get his players in this season and close season. If we are still struggling this time next year then I will join the MA must go faction, but at the moment I will support him as I really don't want the club to have to go through more termoil and spend more money on paying contracts off and selling / releasing players for a new manager.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Adams is a dead man walking. Only with Dick at the helm he will be on 'death row' for a good few months yet. Knight simply will not sack Adams unless people start getting on at HIM.

The Leeds game was baffling. So what if they are LEEDS Micky? They are NINTH in League 1 for a reason. They lost at home to Carlisle last week for a reason. They are not in the champions league anymore and for Brighton two meaningful efforts on goal at HOME against a MID TABLE team is not good enough.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

I have the same fear.

My daughter has already had enough and doesn't want to go. My son is going to his first game of the season in a fortnight (his free ticket for being in Team Stripes the only reason he's going) and I am wondering if I should actually subject him to it or not, as I fear it could end his love for the Albion completely.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here