Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Micky Adams' fantastic tactical decisions this year (in no particular order)

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
2? : taking off Forster at Yeovil and moving Murray to midfield
2?+1 : allowing Dean White to shout out instructions
2?+2 : playing Virgo and Fleetwood as our RHS vs Stockport
2?+3 : tinkering with the team after good wins

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
But we've also been unlucky in other games. You can't pass some wins off as getting lucky, if criticism is made of him when he's unlucky i.e. Saturday

Having Livermore Fraser and El-Abd virtually cancel each other out.

The idea is to have a range of different players so whatever the situation is, we are able to cope and have an option

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
And what happened in the second half when he made changes at half time?

That isn't the point. Cox and especially Thornton shouldn't have started on the bench but that's an entirely different point...

We are meant to use the five subs wisely. We may aswell have just had 3 for that game, Cox, Thornton and 1 of the holding mids.

If we stuck Murray in defence say, and we won, would that mean it's the right thing to do?

AND to top it off, we found out that Thornton, who changed the match, was an enforced sub because of Savages injury.

Same goes with Murray on for Virgo against Millwall that won us that match.

So both match winning subs were enforced and not Micky's decision, sums it up really...

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
If we stuck Murray in defence say, and we won, would that mean it's the right thing to do?

If it means we win then he can play in goal for all I care!

I see your point though, I just don't think the subs bench against leicester, in a game we won, should be used as a criticism. El-Abd could have covered the defence, Cox either wing, Thornton either wing or through the middle, ok we only needed 1 out of Fraser or Livermore, but who else would we have used? Ideally another striker but as we didn't have one we had to make do.

Murray didn't start against Millwall because he was coming back from injury and not rated 100%, hardly a shock he was on the bench was it?

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
If it means we win then he can play in goal for all I care!

I see your point though, I just don't think the subs bench against leicester, in a game we won, should be used as a criticism. El-Abd could have covered the defence, Cox either wing, Thornton either wing or through the middle, ok we only needed 1 out of Fraser or Livermore, but who else would we have used? Ideally another striker but as we didn't have one we had to make do.

Murray didn't start against Millwall because he was coming back from injury and not rated 100%, hardly a shock he was on the bench was it?

Nope not a shocker but just goes to show that we have won 2 league games from the last 14 and they are largely due to enforced substitutions.
I suppose I am down after buying my first season ticket this year with high hopes:down:

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
Showing a complete lack of passion..standing disinterested in what is happening..smacks of job for life syndrome

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Nope not a shocker but just goes to show that we have won 2 league games from the last 14 and they are largely due to enforced substitutions.
I suppose I am down after buying my first season ticket this year with high hopes:down:

You can't have been a Brighton fan for long if you had high hopes :laugh:

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008

ahh you nutter! but if you are under 21 you only really payed for half the games so maybe you DID get a good deal...

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
i know it's not a tactical desision but comming back to manage us a second time has to be up there in his worst decisions ever.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
i know it's not a tactical desision but comming back to manage us a second time has to be up there in his worst decisions ever.

Maybe, but does anyone seriously think that he would have done any better at another club? Somehow I doubt it.

:rolleyes:

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
Leaving Thornton on the bench AGAIN against MK Dons....getting a tad beyond a joke now. If he was unfit when he joined fair enough, but there's no excuse for him to be unfit now, surely MA's fitness regime should have got him into shape?

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
78. Leaving Kevin Thornton on the bench AGAIN against Colchester and playing Tommy f***ing Fraser right wing instead.

79. Leaving it to the 81st minute to make any changes against Colchester despite us playing dismally throughout the entire match.

80. Kevin Thornton on the bench AGAIN against Swindon Town.

81. Adam Virgo on the right wing again against Swindon Town.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
78. Leaving Kevin Thornton on the bench AGAIN against Colchester and playing Tommy f***ing Fraser right wing instead.

79. Leaving it to the 81st minute to make any changes against Colchester despite us playing dismally throughout the entire match.

80. Kevin Thornton on the bench AGAIN against Swindon Town.

81. Adam Virgo on the right wing again against Swindon Town.

Seeing as we WON surley you cant fault Adams' tactics for todays game?

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
We won today because Adam Virgo was on the right wing?

Not at all. I was really pleased with the win today but gave me no more confidence in Adams than if we'd lost.

Yes Virgo can win balls in the air, but he is not a right midfielder. He doesn't run with the ball, he cannot cross.

Hinshelwood looked nervy throughout so I think for the time being Virgo should be centre back.

I didn't mind seeing Fraser as he has passion and commitment which is exactly what we need at the moment...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here