Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Micky Adams - Albion Legend big flop after he left?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
For a man who looked to be heading for the heights he has stumbled from a broke club with no ground to two clubs with brand spanking new grounds but f all money. Unlucky or just not good enough to be offered a job with a decent budget?

I remember him moaning about designer managers getting all the breaks, has he had his and blown it?

Beeercan

Jul 14, 2005
Colchester
I did get a rough deal @ Leicester with Dave Bassett of all people, then well he made his own dad's army.

He will do well @ Coventry....Become their new Jimmy Hill

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
KinkyGoebels said:
He did a decent job at leicester to start with -

But he did that with Peter Taylor's team, although people get confused and get it the wrong way round, :lolol:

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
bhaexpress said:
Mickey is a legend .. FACT !

Here I 100% agree but that wasn't the question :)

Steve_Foster

Aug 8, 2005
Hes going to do a greta job with coventry i beleive he kept them up last year now he can start his revolution there like he did here.

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Icy Gull said:
For a man who looked to be heading for the heights he has stumbled from a broke club with no ground to two clubs with brand spanking new grounds but f all money. Unlucky or just not good enough to be offered a job with a decent budget?

I remember him moaning about designer managers getting all the breaks, has he had his and blown it?

I understand that Leicester had the 17th highest playing budget across all divisions incl. the Premiership last year. He had the money and wasted it! :nono:

GUNTER

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton
He is good at building close knit workmanlike teams. His problem at Leicester was signing players who have seen better days.

If he concentrates on finding young talent like McGhee and blending them with a bit of experience, he will do fine.

But obviously no more Jamie Campbells! :lolol:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Steve_Foster said:
Hes going to do a greta job with coventry i beleive he kept them up last year now he can start his revolution there like he did here.

Except he was given the 2nd biggest budget in the division to do what he did here, now he can't even afford to take Watto on, so I think he'll be working with what he's got and there will be no revolution.

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Uncle Buck said:
Then was Adams a better manager for us once Cork had gone? We certainly moved on from players alledgedly flattening the coaching staff when Cork went to Cardiff. At Leicester and Coventry he has had the bald one with him again.

and do you think Bob Booker maybe pleased he turned down the no 2 job at Leicester? I thought he was mad to turn it down at the time but was well chuffed that he did.

rogue

Banned
Aug 26, 2005
In a police cell
3gulls said:
Wrong - he dumped us as soon as he got another offer! FACT! :nono:

You talk bollox

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
HHHmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I think he has had a tough time to be honest. Admitedly he did think the grass was going to be greener but he still loves us & we still love him.

If Mcghee is no longer here, I dont doubt that Mickey would be everbodys first choice to lead us out at Falmer.........

Having said that MM will still be here & we will be in the PREM :rolleyes:

O Lads

Dec 16, 2004
3gulls said:
Wrong - he dumped us as soon as he got another offer! FACT! :nono:

Wouldn't anyone have left us for a club pushing for promotion to the premier league. I bet McGhee would do the same if he got an offer like that

O Lads

Dec 16, 2004
Fourteenth Eye said:

but he still loves us & we still love him.

I totally agree. Me and my brother met him when we went on holiday to Cyprus last october (before he got the coventry job) and he was so pleased to see 2 albion fans out there and we were talking about the previous good results. He still follows Brighton and i would have him back anyday

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
O Lads said:
Wouldn't anyone have left us for a club pushing for promotion to the premier league. I bet McGhee would do the same if he got an offer like that

They were in the Premiership at the time. He joined them with something like 14 games to go, added nothing and they went down.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here