Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Micky Adams - Albion Legend big flop after he left?

bellsize seagull

Mar 1, 2004
north london
Mickey Adams one of the most honest men in football, not only brings a buzz to the club but knows what he is doing with the players he has !!!!, Leicester were a club on the way down however much money you have. legend !!!:clap2:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I'll always like him for dragging us out of div 3, putting us well on the way to winning div 2 and for turning up at the Falmer march.

at Leicester he was out of his depth. He had built his teams on Fulham rejects. At Leicester he no longer had this pool of players. Plus he did not possess any contacts with Prem sides or sidelined prem players.

He is a great Div 3, 2 and probably Div 1 but that is it at the mo.

LC:smokin:

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
bellsize seagull said:
Mickey Adams one of the most honest men in football,

Did not see him shouting "it's all right everyone, i'm only hear to watch Trevor Benjamin and think about recalling him tomorrow" when he was at Leicester. :nono:

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Yorkie said:
I'll always like him for dragging us out of div 3, putting us well on the way to winning div 2 and for turning up at the Falmer march.

I will always dislike him for refering to the players as "a bunch of southern softies", it just shows his contemp for southerners! Northern peasant! :angry:

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
3gulls said:
I will always dislike him for refering to the players as "a bunch of southern softies", it just shows his contemp for southerners! Northern peasant! :angry:

Rubbish. After watching his 2nd-in-the-table team lose to a bunch of scraped together YTS players and loanee's, he was quite right to say what he said.

Certainly had the desired affect, we didn't lose again until the title was already ours...!!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I've always liked him but must admit that time has dampened by admiration for him.

Certainly not a flop though - whereever he's gone he's done a decent job.

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Seagull73 said:
Rubbish. After watching his 2nd-in-the-table team lose to a bunch of scraped together YTS players and loanee's, he was quite right to say what he said.

Certainly had the desired affect, we didn't lose again until the title was already ours...!!

Did i say he had no right to have a go at them? No. I commented upon the choice of words which was out of order for the Manager of a southern team.

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
Yorkie said:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

what she said:clap:

Seasider

Jul 9, 2003
Maidenhead
Yorkie said:

Correction i see him as taking us to division 2 title, taylor mearly coached the team and the only useful addition was junior lewis

ADAMS is a legend that won two title for us
:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here